Tennessee Conference of the United Methodist Church
Category: Other Ministry Jobs & Christian
Posted on: October 13, 2015
The Tennessee Conference Council on Connectional Ministries is seeking an Administrative Assistant to the CCOCM program staff. As a member of the Connectional Ministries staff, the Administrative Assistant will collaborate closely with the Director, other Connectional Ministries staff and relevant Conference Committees.
The person in the position reports to the assigned CCOCM Program Staff and/or Director of Connectional Ministries in consultation with the Connectional Ministries Executive/Personnel Committee.
- Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to ensure that municipal operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Provides support to CCOCM Program Staff, including but not limited to Young People's Ministry and Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry.
- Provides administrative office services to include, but not limited to preparing / typing correspondences, reports and other documents
- Assists in the preparation of financial plans/reports and budgets
- Records and monitors invoices and ministry expenditures
- Maintains and updates ministry files and prepares documents and reports
- Provides information by directing telephone calls and responding to inquires
- Coordinates specific CCOCM events in cooperation with ministry areas
- Maintains confidential records and files; creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices
- Manages agendas, arranges travel, schedules meetings
- Arranges for payment of honorariums
- Contributes to overall office morale, team effort by a_noemailplishing related tasks as needed
- Additional duties will be specific to ministry areas and ministry specific events.
- Vital, personal Christian faith and spiritual life
- Degree in related field preferred with 3-5 years of administrative experience and/or training
- Excellent_noemailmunication and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent_noemailanizational skills
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of office administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; skills in using/learning a wide variety of_noemailputer programs and technologies including Apple Software systems
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Flexibility in a willingness to work occasional weekends and evening hours as needed and ability to travel by car as necessary to church locations throughout the Conference
Compensation and Employment:
- The_noemailpensation package includes salary, pension, and health benefits.
- Salary will be based on related experience and training.
- The position with the Tennessee Conference of the United Methodist Church Connectional Ministries is a full-time position.
- Effective date of employment is November 16, 2015
For consideration of the Administrative Assistant Position, please send letter of interest, salary history and three references to resumes@tnumc_noemail by October 30, 2015