First Southern Baptist Church of Colorado Springs
Category: Worship Leader
Time Type: Part Time
1. Direct the planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluation of a comprehensive music ministry including praise team, choirs, vocal, and instrumental ensembles. Provide variety in types of music presented.
2. Work with soloists, ensembles, and instrumentalists regarding the selection and appropriateness of their music.
3. Lead the congregational worship.
4. Coordinate the schedule for worship service accompanists and special music, and secure replacements in their absence.
5. Train leaders and accompanists for the church music ministry.
6. Coordinate with the pastor in planning all worship services. (This may periodically include the use of drama, multimedia, and other means of enhancing worship.)
7. Lead in planning and promoting a graded choir program; direct and coordinate the work of the lay choir directors; direct adult choir and other choirs as needed.
8. Serve as a member of the church council.
9. Coordinate the church music program with the church calendar and with the emphasis of the church.