Church of the Lakes
Category: Worship Leader
Time Type: Part Time
The individual fulfilling the responsibilities of Contemporary Worship Director shall be a servant leader of genuine and deepening Christian character, of emotional, mental, and personal stamina. Additionally, he or she needs to be a loyal participant of a ministry team that is able to work well and cultivate trust with others in a growing congregation. The person needs to be a gifted musician who dedicates their ministry to the worship of God. The person must be effective in leading the congregation into the presence of God through the use of praise and worship selections diversely suited for the culture of the church.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Be the director of a team (on platform at all times) that includes the keyboard player, vocalists, and various musicians that are available on a volunteer basis from the congregation or outside of the church when invited.
2) Select 4 or 5 songs (two praise selections and one worship selection along with an offering and closing song) for the 9:30 service. This selection should be diverse with an occasional traditional hymn. Style of music should relate to the culture of the church. The leader needs to actively seek current praise songs that are popular throughout the body of Christ.
3) Coordinate the Easy Worship slides to be used by the operator. This includes blending the slides sent by the pastor into the format. Implement several types of media for maximum worship experience
4) Initiate weekly musical rehearsals with priority emphasis on spiritual development including a devotional, a time of sharing, and prayer as the number one priority
5) Must be able to play an instrument (keyboard or guitar) and lead independently if needed
6) Ensure the proper sound equipment is maintained and submit proposals for new equipment purchases.
This is a part time role and it is expected that this individual will attend occasional worship meetings. Participation in bimonthly staff meetings is preferred.
Qualifications, Education and Training:
A gifted musician who can lead a team of lay servants
A team player who can work well with the pastoral staff
The Contemporary Worship director will be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor, working in a close partnership with the Worship team. He or she will be accountable to the Staff Parish Relations Committee for annual evaluation and leadership development.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of Church of the Lakes.