Tifton First United Methodist Church (TFUMC) in Tifton, Georgia is seeking a full-time Director of Children's Ministries. Responsibilities will be focused on kindergarten through 6th grade and include oversight of the nursery program. The Director will work with other staff members under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
The successful candidate should possess or be pursuing a bachelor's degree; have experience working with and developing children's ministries and/or children's educational programs; and possess a strong personal faith consistent with the United Methodist tradition. We are looking for a vibrant, energetic person who can get TFUMC members excited about the Lord and can recruit and motivate volunteers to lead and teach under his/her direction.
The Director will:
- plan, develop, and implement children's ministry program (nursery through 6th grade)
- be the day-to-day leader of children's ministries
- recruit and train volunteers and ensure adequate volunteer support
- ensure adequate adult-to-children ratios
- be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to FUMC educational ministries
- coordinate children's ministry curriculum
- assist in recruiting and provide ongoing support for teachers and facilitators
- ensure that records of participation in programs are maintained
- develop and manage the children's educational ministry budget
- communicate in a timely manner as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, social media, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.)
- work with other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality
- ensure that the Safe Sanctuary Policy is observed in all children ministry settings
Available immediately. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Position is open until filled.
To apply, submit:
1) a cover letter to include why you are interested in this position;
2) a current resume; and
3) contact information for three references.
Applications and specific questions related to this position should be addressed to:
Lead Search Committee, Director of Children's Ministries
TFUMC Staff Parrish Relations Committee
TFUMC is a 1,100 member active church with excellent physical facilities located in the heart of South Georgia. Our church campus includes: a main sanctuary/office complex, a children's building, a social hall, an adult Sunday school building and an activities center.