The Worship Arts Leader:
1. Reports to the Senior Pastor.
2. Works in cooperation with the pastoral staff to help the church achieve its unique God-given Vision.
3. Attends weekly staff meetings.
4. Attends and reports to the Church Board at the Senior Pastor's discretion.
Responsibilities for Worship Ministry:
1. Model the role of worshiper and worship leader to our congregation and worship teams.
2. Design and lead worship during church services and special events.
3. Work with the Senior Pastor and Worship Arts Team in regards to worship service planning, worship development, special events/services, philosophy of worship, etc.
4. Recruit, mentor, and develop worship team leaders and members.
5. Worship teams may include: choir/vocalists, musicians, sound, media, lighting, usher, drama, etc.
6. Oversees and works with the Worship Arts Team to develop ideas and set a vision for the church's worship ministry.
7. Prepare sheet music/chord charts for weekly service(s) and forward to musicians/vocalists.
8. Facilitate weekly musician/vocalist rehearsals.
9. Ensure sound/media equipment and instruments are up-to-date, well maintained, and operational.
10. Coordinate with the Communications/Office staff on Worship series branding,_noemailmunication and graphic design.
11. Assist with preparation of Pre/Post & Worship Media Slides using ProPresenter software.
12. Take responsibility for, and stay within spending limits of, departmental budget. Propose new budget items as needed.
13. Set annual goals for the worship ministry and evaluate regularly how goals have been attained and modify as needed.
14. Work with staff team in website design and updates.
1. Displays a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. Has the ability to keep confidences.
3. Has good_noemailanizational skills and ability to work on own initiative.
4. Has a teachable and humble attitude.
5. Demonstrates a_noemailmitment to the doctrinal statements of the Church of the Nazarene and to the vision and to the strategy operating process.
6. Four-year degree from an accredited college or University.
7. Have a team mentality in assisting other ministries as needed.
8. Brings creative ideas to the team.
9. Strong relational and_noemailmunication skills.
10. Energetic, self-starter, who has an excellent work ethic.
11. Works hard, but loves to have fun.
12. Must be able to play guitar and/or piano at a proficient level while leading worship teams musically.
13. Must have strong vocal skills for worship leadership.
14. Experience as a worship leader preferred (minimum 3 year)
15. Knowledge of live sound (PA) gear, or willingness/acumen to learn that technology.
Software (functional knowledge):
1. Microsoft Office suite
2. Google applications
3. Notation software such as Finale or Sibelius
4. Planning Center