- Job Description: Create a_noemailpelling worship culture at 3Crosses by envisioning, developing and executing engaging times of musical worship at our weekend services and overseeing the development of staff and volunteers to lead worship at our other venues.
- Rubric of Success: Compelling, celebratory worship services that connect people with God and each other through bands and music that reflect the congregation of 3Crosses and the uniqueness of the East Bay.
- Profile: The Worship Pastor / Director will be a devoted Christ-follower and a talented musician. He or she will have passion for leading worship, experience developing great bands with a variety of instrumentation, sounds and vibes as well as a desire to extend the ministry of the Gospel at 3Crosses to the next generation.
- Key Areas of Responsibility:
Work with our programming team to create a weekly worship service that connects people
with God, the Gospel, each other and the theme of the morning.
Develop and coordinate weekly worship teams, musical sets and rehearsals.
Pursue ongoing recruitment of new artists (vocal and instrumentalists) to meet the need of
current and future venues.
Develop worship bands with a variety of sounds and instrumentation.
Create a culture of multiplication where new worship leaders and musicians can be trained
and vetted properly for increased opportunity and responsibility.
Oversee and deploy staff and volunteer worship leaders into various ministries of our church
(e.g. Students, Children, etc.).
- Qualifications for Position:
Skills and experience necessary to carry out key areas of responsibility.
Pastor: Desire for Eldership and Demonstration of Qualifications (1 Tim 3:1-7; Tit 1:6-9)
Director: Demonstration of Deacon Qualifications (1 Tim 3:8-12)
Full-time salary_noemailmensurate with experience
Pastor/Director benefits as designated in policy manual
The Worship Pastor / Director will be a devoted Christ-follower and a talented musician. He or she will have passion for leading worship, experience developing great bands with a variety of instrumentation, sounds and vibes as well as a desire to extend the ministry of the Gospel at 3Crosses to the next generation.
- Devoted Christ-follower: We look for leaders who take the call to follow Jesus seriously. Thus, our Worship Director would not only excel in the arts, but also exemplify the qualifications laid out for deacons in 1 Timothy 3:8-12, serving as an example in Christian character, devotion and witness. If the candidate had a desire for Pastoral Eldership, we would expect him to meet the qualifications for eldership found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Talented Musician: One of our core values is excellence; we want someone who is a master of his or her craft. This may include elements such as singing, playing instruments, songwriting, orchestration, etc.
- Passion for Leading Worship: We recognize there is a clear distinction between performing music and leading musical worship. Our Worship Pastor / Director should embrace this difference and the places where the two overlap. This translates into passion about creating and performing music, as well as leading people into an encounter with God through musical worship.
- Experience Developing Great Bands: We value multiplication and are looking for a leader who is skilled in developing and leading bands as well as working in an environment where bands and musicians are deployed into various venues.
- A Variety of Instrumentation, Sounds, and Vibes: There is beauty to the uniqueness of the East Bay. We desire our worship to reflect and embrace this, as well as the uniqueness of our church congregation.
- Desire to Extend the Ministry of the Gospel: We are a church that has always been passionate about connecting lost people with Jesus through the means of creative arts. We are looking for a candidate who would be excited about stepping into this legacy and helping us develop a strategy to reach future generations for the Gospel.
To apply, please contact:
Taylor Wittman: Worship Coordinator