First Baptist Church
Category: Senior Pastor
Posted on: August 31, 2016
Qualifications include a bachelor's degree and ministry leadership experience. A Master of Divinity or its equivalent is preferred. Looking for someone with strong people skills and the ability to_noemailanize and implement new ministries. The most important qualifications are 1) an exceptional talent for discerning and clarifying God's vision and 2) inspiring mature disciples toward a_noemailplishing that vision.
- Leadership and Vision-Casting: Discern and lead FBCH toward a specific vision that engages the_noemailmunity for Christ and grows the church to a_noemailplish its mission through strong people skills and the ability to_noemailanize and implement vision-specific ministries.
- Equip the saints for ministry: Envision new ministries and enhance present ministries (both for training leaders and outreach to the_noemailmunity) that include recruiting and teaching (model and train) staff and ministry leaders to lead those ministries. The evidence of this ability is the formation of holistic small groups.
- Design and Implement inspiring Worship: Inspire through Biblically sound and relevant preaching, disciple worship leaders to lead authentic worship, and introduce visual creativity. Administer the ordinances and officiate special services.
- Model Incarnational Grace and Service: Provide spiritual care in crisis and be present in people's lives as one who listens and attends to others like Jesus.
- Personal Care and Well Being: Balance pastoral expectations with personal well-being including one's physical health, personal devotional time, hobbies and interests, and appropriate time off.
- Accountable to: the pastor of FBCN directly and (indirectly) to the FBCN deacon board. It is our goal that over the course of time FBCH will be large enough to sustain a pastor's salary with benefits and have the infrastructure (Governing Board) to b_noemaile self-sustaining.
- Accountable with: FBCH staff members (paid and unpaid) in building a team that creates and develops the church to fulfill its mission.
- Accountable for: Developing fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ through the discernment and implementation of a clearly defined vision evidenced through the growth of the church spiritually, numerically, and financially.
Candidates for the Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Hillsboro are asked to submit their resume and references to Dr. Ryan D. Follis, Pastor of FBC Nokomis, at 211 E. South St, Nokomis IL, or email Dr. Follis at ryanfollis@gmail_noemail. College/Seminary transcripts preferred. Salary, benefits, and professional expenses will be based on qualifications and experience.