Plan, direct, conduct, evaluate and administer a_noemailprehensive youth ministry relevant to today's youth taking into consideration the spiritual, physical, relational, social and emotional development of youth. Direct the teaching programs of the youth department to include but not limited to Sunday school (life groups), small groups, Mission Organizations, and Discipleship Training in cooperation with the Pastor and the Youth Committee/Team.
Develop and maintain a scheduled program of spiritual guidance and education for youth programs in accordance with God's Word (The Bible) and Temple Baptist Church.. The Youth Minister shall
1. Follow and help promote the overall vision of Temple Baptist Church.
2. Relate the youth to the overall life of the church and the church to the needs of its youth. Lead youth to recognize the call of God in their life relating to vocation. Strive to enlist the youth in worship, Bible study, prayer, and other Christian exercise.
3. Conduct weekly services and/or ministry activities.
4. Foster, promote, and actively participate in youth programs that provide spiritual growth and fellowship activities such as mission opportunities, camps, retreats, and _noemailmunity services.
5. Train youth in outreach, discipleship and evangelism. Visit the middle school and high school campuses, have personal contact with students at school approved times. Maintain one-to-one contact with individual youth with an emphasis on reaching not just the youth but the entire family.
6. Counsel students and/or their parents on issues relating to salvation, their overall spiritual life, college choice, vocation selection, life-mate, social and family relationships, be available to listen to and love our youth.
7. Build and maintain quality relationships with parents by clearly sharing the vision so parents will understand the purpose of the student ministry and create avenues of consistent contact with parents through electronic and person to-person_noemailmunication.
8. Encourage students to participate in other church programs, to include youth led worship, Sunday school (Life Groups), Discipleship Training and missions.
9. Provide recreational and fellowship activities for youth.
10. Implement changes in the youth ministry as needed for_noemailanization, space use, equipment and furnishing needs, policies and procedures, materials, programs, curriculum, education methods after coordination with Youth Team/Committee and our Pastor.
11. Work with the Nominating Committee to enlist and train adult workers. Motivate, instruct, and coordinate the activities of adult workers. Ensure adult workers are trained to lead youth to salvation and to nurture them in Christian development. Ensure adequate adult sponsors are present for all youth programs and activities. Taking into account proper group practices to assure there is no chance of anyone being blamed for an inappropriate or questionable relationship.
12. Ensure youth leaders and volunteers are in_noemailpliance with the church child protection policy.