Asbury United Methodist Church
Category: Children's Pastor & Children's Ministry
Posted on: January 09, 2017
Purpose: To help children from birth through 5th grade grow in their relationship with God through activities, mission opportunities, play, learning Bible skills, and the strengthening of their nuclear families. This requires, in particular, great administrative leadership and support for servant leaders (volunteers).
- Coordinate all logistical needs, including staffing, for Elementary Sunday School (CLUB 252 Basics); Pre-K Sunday School (First Look); Children's Contemporary Worship (WOW Worship); Elementary Wednesday nights (KidsLIFE); and Pre-K Wednesday nights (JAM Camp).
- Prepare weekly lessons for Sunday and Wednesday programs, including gathering of materials and forwarding of lesson plans to teachers in advance
- Lead WOW Worship large group in music and prayer time.
- Prepare and deliver weekly children's sermon at both Sunday morning services.
- Train and work with children on serving as acolytes for traditional worship each week.
- always adhere to Safe Sanctuary policy
- lead seasonal events like: Vacation Bible School, monthly Family Movie Nights, Easter Eggstravaganza, Jingle Jam, and Christmas Eve children's pageant.
- Coordinate presentation of 2nd grade Bibles (annually)
-We_noemaile visitor families and follow up with them via mail, telephone, or email. -Send out birthday cards to children.
- Work with school district to obtain approval for distribution of marketing flyers for outreach events.
- conduct Safe Sanctuary training
- Maintain and empower the Children's Council to calendar, plan, advise, recruit for children's ministry elements and empower parents to participate in the spiritual nurture of their children
- Create a ministry calendar per semester, distribute to parents
- Maintain regular_noemailmunication through texting, emails, newsletter, and website
With Servant Leaders
- Recruit early and offer training for volunteers
-Arrange occasional appreciation events
- Provide curriculum and activity resources for volunteers
As Church Staff
- Be present for weekly staff meetings
- Arrange monthly one-on-one meetings with pastor
- Attend monthly leadership council meetings
- Hire and train all nursery staff
- Set the vision, expectations, and practices for the church nursery in coordination with the Nursery Coordinator
- Oversee curriculum
- Set toy cleaning, inventory, and purchasing schedules