JOB TITLE: CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
FULL TIME WITH BENEFITS
EMAIL COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: JOBS@NEWLIFETUCSON.COM
- The Children's Ministry Director will oversee the entire children's department, ages birth through 6th grade.
- Children's Ministry is designed for the spiritual formation of children as a resource for parents to disciple their children, an evangelistic extended family for all children to discover Jesus, engaged in the outward mission of the church, and connecting children in meaningful relationships.
- The Children's Ministry Director is to implement vision in conjunction with the Executive Leadership Team and Elders. This person will function under the direct leadership of the Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor and under the overall governance of the Elders.
- A committed Christian who demonstrates Christ's character and who will participate and engage in the New Life community.
- Be aligned with the New Life's mission (Cultivating a community that enjoys God and transforms the world through the Gospel) and vision commitments: Gospel-Centered, Living Life Together, Developing Leaders, Transforming Our Communities, and Enjoying the Sovereign God (see www.NewLifeTucson.com/Vision for more details)
- Committed to and compelled by the culture and doctrine of New Life as presented in our 30 Core Competencies and our Teaching Doctrinal Statement (Available at www.NewLifeTucson.com).
- A life-long learner with a minimum of a bachelor's degree.
- At least 3-years of experience in a children's ministry leadership role.
- Ability to recruit, train, and build a team with an encouraging culture that attracts others.
- Ability to collaborate with pastors and staff and be part of the broader vision of the church.
- Ability to integrate Children's Ministry with youth and adults.
- Good relational skills and a heart to care for people.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of computers, including word processing and electronic communication.
- Able to lead meetings when necessary and be available for church meetings as needed.
- Oversees all children services (Saturday evening, Sunday morning) and activities (VBS, Camps, mid-week programs, Movie Nights, Lock-Ins, Concerts, etc.).
- Recruits and assimilates individuals into teaching and assistant positions.
- Schedules all teachers, assistants, and other volunteers.
- Oversees childcare for special events and ministries.
- Is deeply committed to the staff culture at New Life. These identified values include: loving, collaborative, humble, prayerful, trustworthy, fun, and hard-working.
- Makes himself/herself available to children and their families.
- Allows their own family, marriage and faith to be an example for the children to follow.
- Seeks to meet the children at their own level (i.e. their schools, games, activities, etc.) and invest in the lives of the children to shepherd and disciple them.
- Spiritual Formation. Since the spiritual formation of children is primarily the responsibility of parents, the first goal of our Children's Ministry is to be a resource for parents toward that end. Children's Ministry is a place where the Spirit transforms and shapes the hearts of children.
- Because many children do not have Christian parents or have parents who do not fulfill their role to disciple their children, Children's Ministry becomes an evangelistic extended family for children to grow up in the Lord.
- Fun and Relevant. Children's Ministry shouldn't be boring or dreary...it should be fun! There is nothing more exciting than encountering the living God. We don't seek to entertain children, but to help children joyfully encounter God and enjoy one another. We don't accommodate to the culture or water down the gospel, but we recognize that timeless truth needs to be spoken in meaningful and fresh ways that are relevant to children.
- Fulfilling the Outward Mission of the Church. Caring for children is often an essential part of the church's mission to reach families for Christ. So while we always want to minister to the children within our body, we are sensitive to meet the needs of outsiders. We strive to provide an engaging, age appropriate ministry for children at the same time as all our worship services. Children are certainly welcome in all our services. We encourage families to worship together. But for those who prefer to have their children worship in a separate age appropriate environment, we strive to provide that option at all services.
- Connect. Parents do not raise their children in a vacuum, but in the community of God's people. Who we surround as our friends shapes who we are. So, we desire for children to have meaningful relationships with one another. We desire for children to participate in the body life as we worship together and serve one another.