Bethany Christian Church (BCC) in Dallas, Ga (www.bccdallas.com) is actively seeking her next Senior Pastor. Our strong preference is for someone with experience as a Senior Pastor in the Restoration Movement Independent Christian Church or Church of Christ (instrumental) although we may consider someone from within the Restoration Movement Independent Christian Church or Church of Christ (instrumental) with sufficient experience in other ministry roles. BCC is a Restoration Movement Independent Christian Church located in the Northwest Metro Atlanta suburbs. We are a fully contemporary and instrumental church in our style of worship with an average attendance of 400+ on Sunday mornings. We are located in a fast growing and still surprisingly unchurched area where studies show that only about 10% of the local population is in church on any given Sunday morning. The fields are definitely white unto harvest. We have a sizeable footprint in the community but have just scratched the surface for the Kingdom.
BCC has good physical facilities, great location, a solid leadership team of Elders, Deacons, Staff and a great congregation of varied ages and backgrounds who all love the Lord and work well together as a team. We all truly have fun together and actually like AND love each other. We are focused outwardly rather than inwardly and do our best to reach the lost in our community. Among many outreaches, BCC hosts an active Celebrate Recovery program, Boy Scout Troop, Cub Scout Pack, Girl Scout Troop, school lunch program and numerous other activities and ministries designed to make an impact for the Kingdom in the lives of the people in our community. We are open and excited about the idea of trying new and innovative things to strengthen the body and reach the lost for Christ.
We are positioned for an extended period of sustained growth and are prayerfully seeking God’s direction for the right, long-term, Senior Pastor to help lead us there. The ideal candidate should possess at least most of these qualities:
• He MUST be in love with Jesus. This is non-negotiable.
• He MUST prioritize in this order: Jesus, Family and then BCC. This is non-negotiable also.
• He should lead his family well and they need to support his ministry.
• He should have a passion for leading and developing disciples for Christ.
• He should be solidly based in Scripture with Restoration Movement background preferred.
• He should view this as a ministry and a calling and not just a job. He is self-motivated.
• He should be exceptionally gifted and engaging from the pulpit.
• He should agree with our “live, love and serve” philosophy.
• He should have a solid background. References will be checked closely.
• He should love and relate to everyone regardless of their personal or professional status.
• He should be real and genuine. Not perfect, but real and genuine.
• He should have a heart for youth and the other ministries within the church.
• He should be high energy, and outgoing. Not a wallflower.
• He should have a genuine concern and interest for the community.
• He should be able to work with an active, committed Eldership and Staff.
• He should be able to lead, delegate, mentor and provide vision.
Again, our strong preference is for someone with experience as a Senior Pastor in the Restoration Movement Independent Christian Church or Church of Christ (instrumental) although we may consider someone from within the Restoration Movement Independent Christian Church or Church of Christ (instrumental) with sufficient experience in other ministry roles. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience and this is a great place to live and raise a family. If you feel that you meet at least most of these guidelines, then please respond with a resume and sermon videos. A brief personal introductory video would be greatly appreciated as well if at all possible. Please send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to collect resumes through the end of February and make a decision soon after that. Thank you and may God Bless you as you continue to serve Him. We look forward to hearing from you.