Category: Associate Pastor
Posted on: February 28, 2017
1. Four-year degree from an accredited university or college; prefer Masters level training with a church-related emphasis.
2. Life reflects the character qualities of a Biblical elder (1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1).
3. Excellent administrative and_noemailanizational skills.
4. Highly people-oriented.
5. Strong verbal and written_noemailmunication skills.
6. Ability to help a congregation grow in spiritual maturity through pastoral care, groups, discipleship, administration, and teaching.
7. Self-motivated and a team player with a strong work ethic.
8. Agree with Cornerstone Fellowship's mission, vision and doctrinal statement.
1. Lead and oversee pastoral care.
2. Lead and oversee groups ministry.
3. Lead and oversee discipleship classes for new believers and members.
4. Lead and oversee assimilation of guests, new believers and members.
5. Assist Senior Pastor with teaching responsibilities.
1. Oversee all pastoral responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Senior Pastor. Includes officiating weddings and funerals, hospital visits, prayer ministry, and other typical pastoral duties as needed.
2. Oversee and administrate small groups. Includes ongoing recruitment and training of leaders, developing and implementing strategies to encourage group participation, and effectively promoting small groups within the church.
3. Lead, teach and administrate discipleship classes for new believers and members. Includes baptism classes, membership classes and new believer classes. Includes administration and/or teaching of classes that encourage next steps or meet specific needs (i.e., Financial Peace University, DivorceCare, Discovering Spiritual Gifts, etc.).
4. Develop and implement assimilation strategies. Includes devising an effective follow-up plan for guests.
5. Teach the truth of God's word, both topically and expositionally, to help people b_noemaile fully devoted followers of Christ. Includes teaching a minimum of 2 services per month, with additional teaching responsibilities as required by the Senior Pastor.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position.
The Associate Pastor reports to the Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor.
Salary will be based on current wage scales for similar positions in similar size churches. Three weeks paid vacation. Contributions to 401 (k) will be matched 100% up to 10% of salary.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a link for us to view your teaching/speaking ability (church service, event, etc.). As we are requesting a single sample, please choose the best representation of your teaching/speaking ability. No phone calls please. We are screening candidates as the first step in the search process and will notify applicants of any decisions made.