Qualified candidates must have a passion for youth ministry, the ability to develop meaningful relationships with youth, great communication skills (including use of technology and social media used by youth), outstanding organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to recruit and involve adult volunteers. Other qualifications include:
• Spiritually grounded in Christian beliefs and passionate about Youth Ministry.
• Understanding of and willingness to teach United Methodist theology and doctrines.
• College degree and/or 4 years of experience in Youth Ministry.
• Competent with personal computers and the internet, especially social media used by youth
• Able to relate well with youth and adult leaders.
• Ability to understand middle school and high school age learning development characteristics.
• Ability to recruit and organize volunteers.
• Organizational, communication, and team building skills.
• Ability to set goals, report on these goals, and to achieve goals.