Chapelwood United Methodist Church, founded in 1949, is a 6,000-plus-member church located in the Memorial Villages of Houston, Texas. It is a "community of communities" with two campuses housing five worship communities that host seven weekly worship services, all serving with a common mission, values, and disciple-making pathway. (See www.chapelwood.org.)
Our mission (WHAT we do) is...
To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world (Mission of the UM Church) by embodying God's grace as we receive it to those who need it (Mission of Chapelwood).
We fulfill this mission by being a "community of communities" of grace, which upholds the following values (WHY we do what we do)...
Our disciple-making pathway (HOW we make disciples) is to help people ...
EXPERIENCE grace (in worship)
GROW in grace (in groups and relationships)
SHARE grace (in ministry)
We call this disciple-making pathway "E-G-S" for short.
Chapelwood is seeking a full-time Digital Ministry/Video Production Specialist. This person will be responsible for supporting our mission through digital technology focusing on video production and broadcasting through streaming and other technologies. The successful candidate will be able to apply emerging technologies and tools to facilitate production technologies in ministry across five different worship communities. Strong skills in live audio, lighting, video production, digital communications media, and technical planning are essential. The successful candidate will offer the best fit among our 3-C's of hiring: Competence, Character, and Culture.
1. Able to provide skilled technical support to our worship communities in the disciplines of audio and sound mixing, video shooting, editing and production, and lighting
2. Able to provide skilled technical support to our Digital Outreach Ministry, including web streaming and remote-site content delivery
3. Proficient in the following products: InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premiere, WordPress, Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office products, Windows
4. Able to stay abreast of current Digital Outreach and Worship technologies so as to recommend improvements that may improve our effectiveness achieving our grace-embodying mission
5. Willing to assist Media Technology team as needed to cover when team members are out or need overflow assistance
6. Available for participation in church-wide "all hands on deck events" (Christmas Eve, Easter, Staff Retreats, etc.)
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in digital media or related field of study
2. Three or more years of relevant experience in worship production and technology
3. Training and/or experience in digital communications
4. Willingness and demonstrated ability to learn new technology and skills to maintain efficiency and relevance in the area of church communications and worship technology
Professional and Personal Growth
1. Enhance professional and spiritual growth through continuing education opportunities and professional memberships
2. Maintain physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual health
3. Pursue an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
1. Is a deeply committed Christian, who lives out his/her faith through actions and words
2. Has a passion to grow in faith and for others to know Christ
3. Is trustworthy, with the ability to create a safe place for others, and dependable
4. Is teachable
5. Is confident in beliefs and self
6. Is a member of or is willing to become a member of Chapelwood United Methodist Church, or be supportive of the Wesleyan theological tradition
1. Enjoys working as a self-motivated member of a dynamic and fast-paced creative team, with the ability to adapt well and handle constant change and challenges
2. Is able to build strong relationships with others
3. Fulfills the expectations of the staff as outlined in the Chapelwood UMC "Staff Values Covenant" (expected behaviors) and the "Staff Responsibilities Covenant" (core responsibilities). This includes being able to demonstrate and communicate the vision of the church.
4. Values empowering and then working alongside lay core teams
Chapelwood offers a competitive compensation package of salary and excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, retirement) commensurate with education and work experience. Particulars of compensation will be worked out with the successful candidate upon satisfactory completion of financial and criminal background checks.
If you think God might be calling you to this position, you are invited to fill out and submit an application for employment.
If you have questions about the position, please contact:
Karen Firenza, Creative Arts Director