Watershed is an urban, justice-minded church community in the heart of the city of Charlotte. We are almost 13 years old as a community and are looking for a Youth Pastor and Volunteer Cultivator to join our staff.
The main focus of this position is on our student expression at Watershed. Right now it is small and intimate, and we are searching for someone who understands how to create a culture that fuels the spiritual life of a student, includes them in the greater community of Watershed, and begins to help them see themselves as leaders and difference-makers in parts of their city and world where brokenness and suffering seemingly prevail.
The other piece of this post is a mash-up of organizational leadership, team building and leadership development. We are seeking to find someone that is highly skilled in their ability to create and grow leaders and facilitate paths for volunteers as the organization grows.
- ability and savvy to engage others well
- not only completing to-do lists but to be a viable voice and leader within our community and city
the ability to be present with people in their pain and brokenness
- setting expectations for teams with a high attention to detail
- clear communication with leaders and volunteers
- the ability to take an idea from concept to actualization without oversight or hand-holding
Watershed is a community that has continued to evolve in the way it sees the world theologically. Hence, there is a thread of theological diversity that exists. So much of who we are as a community invites people to process their lives and spiritual journey through relationships, service and our Sunday morning gatherings. While we are deeply anchored in a Christo-centric reality and the scriptures, we are very comfortable with a Socratic approach to helping others.
- being comfortable enough in your own theological skin to lead along side of others who may see the world through a different theological or doctrinal lens
- an ongoing pursuit of knowing God better and helping other to do the same
- the ability to sit in the liminal space outside of dualistic thinking
- 3 or more years of experience
- Proven ability to grow a youth program
- Strong ability to manage a volunteer support team
- Robust public speaking and communication skills
- 3 or more years of experience leading volunteer teams
- Proven ability to set up sustainable volunteer experiences
- Examples of growing teams and building infrastructure
- Work in some sort of task management software
- Proficiency with technology and internet-based software
- Writing and editing skills
- Proficient in Planning Center, CCB (Church Community Builder), Slack, Pages, Numbers, Excel, iMovie, Canva, Todoist
- Social media marketing proficiency
- Curriculum writing
- Teaching experience in a public school setting
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."