First Baptist Church - Pearland
Category: Worship Leader
Time Type: Full Time
1. Plan the corporate worship services in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists.
2. Build the necessary teams to carry out all aspects of worship ministry – seasonal choir/musicians, praise team, worship arts, sound booth, and video technicians.
3. Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services.
4. Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
5. Plans and coordinates seasonal and special event presentations.
6. Provide pastoral care for the worship teams.
7. Provide leadership in creating new worship opportunities for all ages that align with the mission and vision of FBCP.
1. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
2. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how they were attained or modified during the year.
3. Attend staff meetings and participate in the planning of church programs that will fulfill the mission of the church, including participation in various church committees, programs, and ministries as directed.
4. Coordinate and communicate scheduling of all worship ministry activities and the related use of facilities as needed to minimize conflicts with other groups or events.
5. Perform other responsibilities as needed to advance the mission of the church.