Saint Mark Baptist Church
Little Rock, AR
Category: Other Ministry Jobs & Christian
Posted on: September 26, 2018
Accountable to: Senior Pastor
Qualifications for the Position: An associate or bachelor's degree is preferred and/or equivalent experience in church leadership and administration. This person must be a licensed minister. The person in this position must enjoy people and will most likely have the spiritual gift of exhortation (encouragement and edifying others). It is preferred for the Pastor of Assimilation to have the gift of administration, since the role is one of overseeing personnel and processes. This person must possess the ability to work without close supervision; have the ability to_noemailmunicate effectively; possess_noemailanizational skills; tech savvy, possess the skills to plan, implement and analyze; and be a person of warmth and_noemailpassion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement an assimilation process that facilitates the following:
a. New members should be able to identify at least seven new connections they have made with members. These connections could be, and often are, with other new members.
b. New members should be able to identify their spiritual gifts.
c. New members should be involved in at least one but preferably several roles/tasks/ministries in the church, which utilize their spiritual gift(s).
d. New members should be actively involved in a life connection or face-to-face group.
e. New members should demonstrate a regular financial_noemailmitment to the church.
f. New members should personally understand and identify with the mission and goals of the church.
g. New members should attend worship services regularly.
h. New members should be able to identify unchurched friends and relatives and take specific steps to help them toward responsible church membership.
2. Communicate, collaborate and coordinate with other division servants, staff members and ministry directors to connect new and existing members into their areas of interest.
3. Provide training to engage all division servants, staff members, leadership, and ministry directors in the assimilation process in order to make it a church-wide effort to get new and existing members connected.
4. Engage and shepherd the online_noemailmunity via social media (Facebook, Livestream, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), connecting them with the church.
5. Build and lead a team of volunteers to assist with interacting with the online_noemailmunity via social media.
6. Give oversight and guidance to the entire Life Connections Division.
7. Assist the Senior Pastor with preaching and teaching as needed.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Ministerial Staff ADA Essential Functions:
Reading and/or preparing written reports/memos/notifications
Hearing and_noemailmunicating verbally with members, staff and others
Contact with members and non-members
Climbing stairs to the pulpit
Supervising staff and/or volunteers
Lifting and/or carrying up to 25 lbs
Math, reasoning and problem solving
For applicant instructions, email: smbcsearch@smark_noemail
All applicant packets should be received by 4:30 p.m. on October 31, 2018.