Church of the Holy Spirit Audio/Visual Manager Job Description
Date Posted: January 2019
Denomination: Anglican Church in North America
Church Size: ASA 155
Hours: Part-Time – 8-10 hours per week; Sundays 7AM- 1PM, 2 services weekly
Pay: Depending upon experience and skills: $20-35 per hour
Reports to: Music Minister and Church Administrator
Vacation: 3 weekends per year paid.
Send Resumes to: Bart@HolySpiritLeesburg.org
Produce the best possible atmosphere for worship through audio/visual reinforcement. This includes, but is not limited to, creating the best music mix possible, creating an audio mix that meets the mood the pastor or music minister wants to convey, and supporting the audio/visual needs of the people involved with the church service. Ultimately, glorify God through providing excellent audio/visual services.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
1. A positive, supportive attitude and a teachable spirit.
2. Be in good standing with the church and be willing to become a member of Church of the Holy Spirit
3. Able to work in a team setting and take direction under pressure.
4. Has experience mixing audio successfully in the live environment.
5. Have good communication/people skills.
6. Ability to think quickly and react/trouble-shoot properly in high stress situations.
7. Willing to attend meetings with music ministry team as needed.
8. Willing to attend training sessions and read/watch other training material for improving existing skills.
9. Reliable worker who shows up on time, every time.
10. A good ear for music.
11. Proactive troubleshooter who sees problems coming and creates or suggests solutions.
1. Check Stage with musicians to ensure proper set up.
2. Perform proper line checks.
3. Perform proper sound check; includes gain settings, monitor mixes, proper volume settings, and the eq/mixing process.
4. Check with music minister and pastor for schedule and any changes.
5. Check with Proclaim operator to ensure service is organized and ready to go.
6. Set up with fresh batteries lav mikes for 2 priests, and handheld lector mike.
During Sunday Services
1. Responsible for adjusting sound levels during service as needed.
2. Responsible to change mics, leads, and make adjustments on the fly.
3. Responsible for following celebrant's direction and music minister's direction during services.
4. Responsible for recording/re-mixing the service.
5. Responsible for following stage and schedule cues.
6. Responsible for providing a distraction-free service as it relates to audio production.
1. Produce 10 audio CDs of the later service sermon asap after service and put in bookstore.
2. Note any broken/faulty equipment and take necessary steps to reconcile.
3. Clear any equipment as needed.
4. Talk with the band to find out if issues existed for them during service.
1. Work with video production assistant for weekly website upload
2. Participate in creative process for service elements.
3. Participate in creative team meetings as needed
4. Recruit and train volunteers for the audio/video ministry.
Oversee and manage audio and video ministry staff and volunteers. This includes sound technicians for special services, proclaim operators, film staff, and staff responsible for uploading to website.