Worship Pastor / Assistant Pastor Job Description:
Grace Fellowship is an established non-denominational Charismatic church in a high growth area in Central Texas. Located approximately 20 miles north of Austin TX. God has called us to reach a greater number of people in our area, especially the younger, un-churched families. As they come, we need to connect them to small groups for care, ministry and spiritual growth. The Worship Pastor / Assistant Pastor will be involved in the worship ministry of the church, assisting the Senior Pastor in conducting the business of the church, promote vision for the church, and build and help facilitate the growth of our church in our community. This person will also share general pastoral duties, preach on occasion and be committed to being part of our team. The Worship Pastor / Assistant Pastor will have strong relationship building gifts and skills. Our new Worship Pastor / Assistant Pastor should be an entrepreneurial person with a heart and call to ministry, with a strong and distinct "pioneering" heart" to reach new families and add to our church through "Spirit led" evangelism and discipleship.
The ideal candidate would have experience in raising and living out the Christian faith in a family setting. The ideal candidate would also align with the pastoral qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
Position: Worship Pastor / Assistant Pastor.
- This is a full time, salaried position with a minimum of 40 hours/week required. - Defined office hours will be set and followed, with the remaining hours flexible
Location: 6600 S. Lakewood Drive
Georgetown, TX 78633
Start Date: Summer 2019
Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Must be called by God into worship and pastoral ministry.
- Must have 3 years leading worship in a mixed setting (teen, young adult, adult,
and senior.) and able to work with the Senior Pastor to meet the needs of the
congregation and to grow the church with new families.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have demonstrated worship leading, preaching/ teaching gifts, and
- Must be able to reach and connect with young adults.
- Must be committed to making and growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Must be positive, patient, friendly with professional/pastoral attitude and
- To lead and organize the worship ministry of the Church.
- To reach and connect with young adults and families with the primary purpose
to grow Grace Fellowship Church.
- Support the Senior Pastor in planning and implementing vision and ministry
- Assist ministry leaders when necessary
- Provide Biblical counseling, prayer and ministry to people as needed, and as
directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services,
small groups, and church events.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed.
- Maintain a disciplined life of worship, Bible reading, prayer, fasting, tithing and
- The Worship Pastor/Assistant Pastor's responsibilities will include a mix of
normal business hours at the church office, church services, evening meetings,
staff meetings, and other meetings should the need arise.
- Passion for ministering the Gospel of Jesus Christ and encouraging spiritual
growth and development of our church members.
- Welcoming visitors and for creating ways for new guests to get plugged into our
local body and ministry.
- Share the visitation responsibility of visiting those who are sick or in the hospital
as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- A generous giver and regular tither.
- Salary based on experience/education
- Possible HRA or HSA plans available based on eligibility
For those interested, please provide the following:
- Resume with at least 3 Ministerial References
- Statement of Faith
- Worship leading and Sermon audio/video if available