The neighborhood: Fresno, California 93720
The role: The Executive Pastor of Business and Finance is responsible for advising and supporting the Senior Pastors and the Trustee Board from a fiscal/operational leadership perspective. The Executive Pastor of Business and Finance has the opportunity to influence strategy and be involved in non-traditional activities, such as business, property development and acquisition, and capital stewardship campaigns.
Meet Our Church:
The heart of Family Community Church is to lead people into a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ. Family Community Church (FCC) which is a Christian, non-denominational church with a firm_noemailmitment to the Word of God and loving people. We are considered biblically conservative and socially moderate. FCC is a thriving church of 1,200 multi-ethnic members, on a 20 acres parcel of land in North Fresno, California 93720. FCC operates out of their 32,000 sq. Ft. Facility and has been a beacon of light in the Fresno/Clovis and surrounding areas for over 24 years.
The church operates under the capable leadership of its founder and Senior Pastors Chester L. McGensy, D.D. who have continued to advance the church’s vision since its inception. Together, with the leadership of the church, they have created a Mathew 28:16-20 movement that extends to their city and globally to eight churches in Kenya Africa, which offers an atmosphere of connectivity, growth, and transformation. With a team of high-capacity staff members who embody the heart of the church, the senior leaders of FCC are ready to continue its legacy of impact alongside the new i_noemailing Executive Pastor of Business and Finance.
About the Executive Pastor of Business and Finance:
The Executive Pastor of Business and Finance is responsible for advising and supporting the Senior Pastor and the Trustee Board from a fiscal/operational leadership perspective. The Executive Pastor of Business and Finance has the opportunity to influence strategy and be involved in non-traditional activities, such as, faculty, technology and business & property development and acquisition, and capital stewardship campaigns.
Reporting to the Senior Pastor (Rev. Chester L. McGensy), the Executive Pastor of Business and Finance will be responsible for all financial areas of the_noemailanization, including finance, accounting, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, reporting, financial services, contract negotiation, contract management, and_noemailpliance.
The Executive Pastor of Business and Finance will ensure good stewardship of FCC resources, protect the financial integrity of FCC, and assist in the preparation of the financial future of FCC. With a strong eye for details, the Executive Pastor of Business and Finance must be a forward-thinking visionary and a planner who anticipates barriers and forecasts future needs.
The Executive Pastor of Business and Finance will:
• Meet with the Senior Pastors and Executive Team regularly to fully informed them of significant financial & operational matters (both positive and negative).
• Encourage a team spirit and foster cooperation to ensure unity and strength.
• Ensure direct reports have all authority and resources needed to carry out their operational plans.
• Initiate and nurture strategic relationships within the church and_noemailmunity.
• Maintain a good working relationship with the Executive Team and will utilize the Executive Team to their potential.
• Ensure good_noemailmunication between the Executive Team, the Staff, and the Senior Pastors.
• Develop stewardship goals that encourage the FCC congregation to be generous givers that experience the joy and spiritual growth of good stewardship.
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business. A Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting would be a plus.
The ideal candidate will have executive-level experience with a minimum of three years as a CFO, COO or an Executive Pastor of Operations in a church or a not-for-profit_noemailanization.
• Proven track record and experience in managing a_noemailplex, fast-moving, changing_noemailanization to carry out the mission and values of the ministry and managing cash flow
• Experience in_noemailplex environments that utilize self-directing teams for aggressive results
• Possess the ability to develop realistic pro forma financial projections, decision support tools, cost reporting metrics, and a working knowledge of productivity management systems
• Experience with providing management and the board with valuable financial and operational reports coupled with the ability to translate_noemailplex financial data into presentable and useable management information
• Have demonstrated great interpersonal skills, hiring, developing and coaching staff
• A record of achievement in business management practices including HR, fiscal management, cost control, strategic planning, budgeting and investment management, facility, and technology management
• Maintain a consistent relationship with God
• Meet the qualifications of an elder/pastor
• Affirm the mission, vision, values, and doctrines of Family Community Church, review the link below:
• Develop personal and professional credibility, gain respect, and build confidence throughout the_noemailanization. Set a tone of leadership in areas of responsibility that is collaborative in nature, focus on analytical decision making and emphasize individual and collective accountability for the financial integrity and strength of FCC
• Improve reporting systems and reports for the Senior Pastor, Executive Team, Trustees and operational managers
• Be a leader in educating the department heads in using financi