ST THOMAS' EPISCOPAL CHURCH
TITLE: Administrative Assistant (20 hours per week)
REPORTS TO: Rector
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the Rector and parishioners of St. Thomas' Episcopal Church.
1. Functions as staff assistant to the Rector and other designated staff in planning, coordinating and implementing administrative services, projects and events.
2. Responsible for the weekly bulletin and PowerPoint presentations, monthly newsletter, and correspondence as needed
3. Submits a budget for office supplies, and makes purchases as needed, staying within budget
4. Answers requests which require a detailed knowledge of the parish policies.
5. Prepares occasional mailings
6. Prepares and maintains parish records and highly confidential and sensitive reports.
7. Attends and participates in staff meetings.
8. Acts as agent for facilities rentals to parishioners and outside groups, writing contracts under the supervision of the Rector.
9. Prepares and maintain office procedure manual in accordance with church policies.
10. Maintains the master calendar for church events and rental of church
1. Active member of an Episcopal congregation or has experience with Catholic or Lutheran liturgy.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
3. Ability to prioritize and reestablish priorities as needed
4. Ability to delegate.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point, and maintaining databases.
5. Knowledge of standard office practices and equipment, including copy and fax machines
6. Ability to_noemailmunicate effectively both orally and in writing.
7. Three to five years of administrative experience.
8. Excellent_noemailanizational skills including the ability to multi-task.
9. Supervisory and office management experience preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter to lpenner.stthomas@gmail_noemail
The incumbent provides administrative support for the Rector and parishioners of St. Thomas' Episcopal Church. The Administrative Assistant performs recurring and routine office administrative duties, and supports and assists members of the Parish with ad hoc issues and concerns. The major functions of this position are to perform secretarial duties for the Rector and St. Thomas' Episcopal Church. Required sk
Prepares the weekly Bulletins, for the Rector's review and approval.
Prepares bulletins for special services – layout of contents, cover designs, etc.
Orders ledger paper and other needed office supplies well in advance of special services, after consultation with the Rector
Prepares and releases special mailings and parish wide mailings including e-mail and hard copy
Maintains familiarity with reference material contained in the office including church By-laws
Obtains information about anyone wishing to be baptized, confirmed or
received into this parish
Prepares all certificates appropriate to the above for signature by the Rector
On the appropriate occasions, provide the Rector with necessary Wedding booklets, Baptism and Confirmation Certificates, etc.
Acts as agent for facility rentals and the required contracts, with the Rector's approval.
Property Committee 3%
Contact Property Committee chair re: maintenaince/repair requested by parishioners
Master Calendar: 8%
Coordinates with parishioners, parish_noemailmittee chairs, and outside contacts regarding scheduling of meetings/events held in the Church, Chapel, Fellowship Hall and other rooms
Maintains and posts monthly calendar for Parish Hall events
Prepares sign-up sheets for Parish events, as requested
Maintains_noemailputer membership files, keeping all data current.
Processes requests for transfer of membership to/from other parishes.
-Enter information into Parish Registers
-Add/delete information from_noemailputer files
-Maintain a Running Total of Communicants list
Maintains Parish Registers for Baptisms, Confirmations, Marriages & Funerals.
Provides data base reports as requested by the Rector, Vestry or Ministry Team chairs.
Newsletter (Good News): 10%
Receives articles and information for the Good News, our monthly mailed newsletter.
Lays out the Newsletter using Microsoft Publisher.
Prepares mailing labels for volunteers to process bulk mailing.
Prepares monthly calendar including monthly list of birthdays
Office expenses: 5%
Gives an annual budget request to the Finance Committee
Locates office supply vendors and orders all equipment and supplies obtaining the most reasonable prices and staying within budget
Maintains a Petty Cash fund for payment of office supplies, reimbursement
to parishioners for various items purchased, etc.
Periodically submit vouchers and receipts to the Treasurer for the
replenishment of f