Cross of Glory Baptist Church, located in Hopkins MN, is currently seeking to fill the role of Associate Pastor of Adult Ministries. First and foremost we recognize Jesus Christ as the head of the church (cf. Ephesians 4:15), and the senior pastor fulfilling the primary role of preaching, teaching, leadership and pastoral care for the congregation. An associate pastor of adult ministries will serve alongside the senior pastor, overseeing the areas of adult discipleship, sharing our passion for local outreach and missions as well as other pastoral duties as needed.
Cross of Glory believes scripture as the foremost authority on matters of personal faith, doctrine, church structure and order. As such, candidates must meet the leadership requirements as laid out in scripture (cf. 1 Timothy 3: 1-13; Titus 1:5). In addition, they must possess a servant’s heart, be strong in the Word of God, Spirit led and seek God’s direction in prayerful submission.
The ideal candidate will:
• be an a_noemailplished team builder who recruits, motivates, enables and empowers teams of leaders.
• provide the leadership and coordination of our adult discipleship, with the goal of building disciples.
• have a heart and passion for local multi-cultural outreach, engaging the congregation in impactful local outreach through team building in the congregation and_noemailmunity.
• have a heart and passion for missions, supporting our missionary partners worldwide, coordinating and participating in short term mission trips.
• posess the ability to recruit, coordinate and encourage volunteers to use their spiritual gifts in various ministry areas.
• provide periodic updates to the congregation and leadership on various topics related to the church’s vision for adult discipleship, missions and discipleship.
• possess effective_noemailmunication skills, including large group, small group, written and social media.
The associate pastor, under the direction of the senior pastor will provide additional assistance in the following areas: Pastoral care to the congregation, including personal counseling and broader areas such as baptisms, funerals, etc.… This person will assist in preaching responsibilities and leading the congregation in various aspects of worship services.
Education level: BA degree but prefer a M.Div., MA or_noemailparable experience.
Experience: Three years minimum experience in a pastoral or ministry role.