Jesus Christ Fellowship
Category: Associate Pastor
Time Type: Part Time
Jesus Christ Fellowship is a non-denominational Bible-honoring, Holy-Spirit welcoming fellowship in rural Middletown, Lake County, California (www.JesusChristFellowship.com). The fellowship, now in its 17th year, is a loving family of believers in Jesus Christ, modeled after the love, participation and fellowship, "koinonia", among brothers and sisters in Christ described in Acts 2: 42-46. Jesus Christ Fellowship seeks to equip saints with the fullness of the Holy Spirit through prayer, worship and a love of God's Holy Word. We see ourselves as Christian ambassadors, supporting each other, through trials and praise reports, to model a victorious life according to God's Word. We have a heart to reach out to others to bring hope to a dying world through the Good News of the Love of Jesus Christ.
In addition to our church family, we have the vision to build "Worship Central," a 24/7 worship and prayer center for Christian groups in Northern California, including, eventually, overnight accommodations for worship teams and a recording studio. To this end we purchased 25 acres nearby and now have a use permit to build Worship Central in five stages. God willing, the first building will be erected in 2016-2017.
The Associate Pastor will serve part-time as the primary support for the Senior Pastor of Jesus Christ Fellowship and will work in unity with Senior Pastor and the Board of Directors to meet the needs of the Body of Jesus Christ Fellowship. The Associate Pastor will help with the planning and implementation of outreach activities, worship services, Bible studies, periodic sermon planning, and youth outreach.
Robust spiritual practice
Leadership skills and experience
Preferred, but not required Pastoral License (Optional- Ministry Degree)
Willingness to move to Lake County
Office skills, including computer knowledge
Personal Faith Commitment:
1. Commited to live out the Great Commission as the foundation of ministry.
2. Personal alignment to the Statement of Faith of Jesus Christ Fellowship (www.JesusChristFellowship.com).
3. Shepherd the spiritual well-being of Jesus Christ Fellowship congregation.
4. Accept shared responsibility and accountability for the Scriptural integrity of all teaching, preaching, and communications.
5. Recognize the value and the role of the prophetic stream within the Body.
1. Develop an understanding and practice of intergenerational (From children to elderly- all ages) ministry.
2. Design and implement a comprehensive program of faith formation/Bible Study, including age-appropriate opportunities for all to develop and deepen their faith (Particularly Wednesday night Bible Study, Worship/Music Ministry, and Youth Group).
1. Support the Senior Pastor in communicating the overall vision of leadership.
2. Support the Senior Pastor in service planning, design, and execution of Sunday services and Wednesday night Bible Study.
3. Assist in the creative elements for Sunday morning production and outreach.
4. Share responsibility for Sunday morning greeting, offering, communion, preaching, communication, etc.
5. Function as back up speaker to the Senior Pastor with an "emergency sermon" always ready and expecting to preach monthly.
6. Function as back up musician to the Worship Leader with an "emergency worship" always ready and open to leading worship monthly.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Leadership and Administration:
1. Have a basic understanding and experience in leadership and administration.
2. Meet regularly with Senior Pastor, Board, and volunteers and attend all scheduled meetings, according to pre-agreed upon schedule.
3. Assist the Senior Pastor in the management of social media outlets and internet to strengthen communication between the congregation and community.
4. Assist with creative marketing activities and community outreach.
5. Have a basic understanding of office skills, including computer knowledge.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by email to Pastor Jeff Daly email@example.com. Attach to the email in PDF or Word format:
Cover letter expressing your interest in the position and describing your alignment with Jesus Christ Fellowship's vision and how your experience and skills match the position summary and qualifications
Document of belief that addresses your alignment to Jesus Christ Fellowship's Statement of Faith found on the website.
Written statement explaining:
1. Your personal beliefs on the topics of scripture and prayer
2. Your experience with leadership and your administrative skill set
3. Your passion for ministry and your favorite way to express it (What is your heart cry?)
Three letters of recommendation and five references.
Applications close April 13; position filled mid-May to mid-June, 2016