The Associate Pastor is the primary support for the Lead Pastor in all areas with a major focus on administration.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Support the Lead Pastor in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church's ministries including preaching, teaching, service planning and management of staff, employees, and volunteers.
2) Oversee planning, preparation and implementation of all services.
3) Be the director of logistics for Sunday Services and Wednesday P.M. Growth Groups coordinating with Worship Leader, Sound, Lighting and any departments involved. (Youth, Children's, etc.)
4) Do the announcements, offering and greeting in Sunday A.M. services making a smooth transition from worship to the sermon.
5) Be the back-up speaker for the pastor with an "Emergency Sermon" ready at all times. Fill in for pastor when on vacation and preach at least 6-12 times per year.
6) Oversee and manage all social media including church website and Facebook page.
7) Assist department leaders and staff with volunteer recruitment, training and retention.
8) Attend and contribute at all staff meetings, planning sessions and vision casting gatherings.
9) Develop and lead outreach ministries to take the church into the community.