Team with the Pastor to plan corporate worship by choosing music, Scripture and other creative elements that will help facilitate spiritually engaging and God-exalting worship.
Lead in congregational worship through music, media, drama, special programming and events.
Lead seasonal programs including Easter and Christmas.
Provide overall direction and leadership in various ministry areas including preschool, children, youth, adult and senior adult choirs, orchestra, drama, media and other related worship ministries, utilizing worship ministry staff and volunteers as appropriate.
Effectively and passionately lead worship through proper preparation and planning during the week.
Invite, encourage, and equip individuals to use their gifts to participate in the worship ministry.
Work as a teammate and supporter of all areas of the church.
Develop and coordinate a budget for the Music Ministry.
Serve on Executive Leadership Team with the Pastor, Minister of Youth, Children's Minister, and Weekday preschool director.
When called upon, employee should willingly perform such tasks, which might not be considered part of the normal position description.
1) Must have a personal and growing faith in Jesus Christ and fit the qualification of I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and embrace the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
2) Must be a self-motivated team player who desires to work with the Pastoral Staff to see people reached with the Gospel.
1) A degree in music, worship or related field is preferred but not required.
2) Proficiency in voice and leading music.
3) Skilled with a guitar or keyboard is preferred but not required.
4) Ability to lead worship services that are blended in style to reach various generations within the church body.
5) Ability to direct an adult choir, development of children's or youth choir, lead a praise band and the development of a praise team to assist in worship.
5) Working knowledge of sound and video equipment, computers, and Microsoft Office software.