Who We Are
At Restoration Church, we believe that we are not just another church. We strive to be a church where all people, including all children, believe that they can come as they are, find community, build real relationships and grow in their faith. To further that vision, we are seeking a dynamic Children’s and Family Ministry Coordinator that shares our passion for Jesus Christ and a heart for children.
The primary purpose of the position is to bring the kids and students of Restoration Church and from the surrounding community into a closer personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is our goal for every child to realize that Jesus deeply loves them and wants wonderful things for their lives. This position works in coordination with the Reston Campus Pastor to help envision, develop and grow a Christ-centered, highly engaging and sustainable Children’s and Family ministry program for kids and students.
In keeping with the strategic direction of the Reston Campus Pastor, the Coordinator is responsible for faith growing opportunities for kids and students. Primary responsibilities of the Coordinator include:
• Develop and implement of Sunday programming, group life meetings and social activities, and discipleship opportunities, such as community service, outreach and volunteer opportunities for kids and students.
• Review and select age-appropriate curriculum for kids and students.
• Recruit and equip volunteers and volunteer leaders to assist with kids’ and student programming.
• Determine the need for and ensure the availability of facilities, supplies and equipment to support kids’ and student programming.
• Coordinate community events including, but not limited to, Santa Breakfast, Trunk or Treat, Back to School Bash, Popsicles on the Playground and the Easter Festival.
• Mange the budget for kids’ and student programming and events at the Reston campus.
• Identify and work with the Reston Campus Pastor to find effective solutions for problem areas within the Children’s and Family Ministry.
• Develop and maintain operational policies and practices relating to the Children’s and Family Ministry program at the Reston Campus.
• Attend all team meetings in order to ensure that the direction and management of the Children’s and Family Ministry program for kids and students remains in line with the overall vision for Restoration Church as a whole.