Job Duties (include the following but may not be limited to):
1. MODEL the biblical mandate for all spiritual leaders to be men and women of prayer by devoting a significant portion of the ministry to intercede WEEKLY for the board and staff, the work and worship of the church, and the specific people under the ministry's care. (Acts 6:4; Eph 6:18; Col 4:2; 1 Thess 5:17)
2. Be accountable to the Church Board through the Senior Pastor.
3. Maintain a clear, strong and passionate vision and mission.
4. Shepherd the children congregation through leading, equipping and pastoral care.
5. Plan and coordinate child development ministry from infant up to 5th grade through partnership with the Children Committee.
6. Lead and oversee all children's ministry programs and events, such as: Children Sunday School, Children Worship, AWANA, Vacation Bible School, Good News Club, children's activities for church retreats and/or evangelical events, etc.
7. Partner with the parents to help the children grow in their spiritual walk and faith-based child development
8. Recruit and train up children workers.
9. Lead and guide the Children Ministry Assistant
10. Work closely with the Senior Pastor, the Church Board and other Lead Pastors on overall church direction and strategies.
1. Worship: put together each week's Children Worship. Coordinate audio visual support, praise team, presider and speaker. Preach about once every two months. Serve as back-up in all different roles.
2. Equipping: assist in teaching Sunday School. Identify and train up leaders via children workers meetings.
3. Fellowship: Care members via visitations and phone calls.
4. Outreach/Evangelism: reach out to the community through coordinating the annual Vacation Bible School, and serve as Good News Club coordinator.
5. Pastoral advisor of Board Children Committee.