1. Maintain and grow a strong children's Sunday School program that emphasizes spiritual growth of our children, including recruitment/training of volunteers, choosing an appropriate curriculum, teaching the children weekly, and preparing materials for each classroom.
2. Continue to develop, plan, and lead Wednesday night ministry for the children.
3. Support the minister of music in maintaining a healthy children's choir program.
4. Participate and lead in Sunday worship services, including a weekly children's sermon.
5. Meet regularly with the Children's Leadership Team.
6. Plan and implement children's ministry events that provide spiritual growth and fellowship for children and parents, such as Parents' Night Out, Family Retreats, Christmas/Easter events, etc.
7. Plan and implement a Vacation Bible School program that reaches our members/community.
8. Coordinate and take kids to camp each summer.
9. Talk with children and/or their parents on issues relating to salvation, overall spiritual life, and family relationships. Be available to listen to and love our children/families.
10. Implement changes in the children's ministry as needed for organization, space use, equipment and furnishing needs, policies and procedures, materials, programs, and curriculum.
11. Prepare an annual budget for children's ministry and administer according to policy.
12. Ensure children's volunteers are in compliance with the church's child protection policy.
13. Communicate regularly with the parents regarding the ministry and upcoming events.
14. Work in cooperation with the Minister of Students to achieve a unified vision for family ministry at FBC Madison, meeting regularly to discuss the state of family ministry at FBCM.
15. Meet with the staff weekly for prayer and planning.
16. Perform other duties as assigned by the pastor.