Calvary Bible Church
Category: Children's Pastor & Children's Ministry
Posted on: April 13, 2011
The role of the CMD is to coordinate programs in pursuit of the mission stated above.
The strategy is to provide Bible-based programs in a safe environment that encourage:
- Faith – entering and enjoying life in Christ in the family of God
- Friendship – enjoying other children who are also growing in their faith
- Fun – enjoying the Christian life at a kid-friendly level of learning and experience
The current_noemailanizational structure in Children's Ministry is two major divisions – Early Childhood (ages 0-Pre-K) and Elementary (K-5th grade).
The current programs in Children's Ministry include:
- Sunday Morning
Early Childhood Care for ages 0 - Pre-K
Elementary Sunday School for K – 5th Grades
Elementary Children's Church for K – 5th Grades
- Wednesday Evening Midweek Program during the school year (approx. Sep – May)
- Seasonal Events
Children's Christmas Program (December)
Vacation Bible School (Summer)
The vital traits of the Children's Ministry Director include:
- a clear profession of faith in Christ and consistent Christian character
- a servant's heart, a love for children, a passion to be a children's ministry "champion"
- agreement with the doctrine and mission and leadership of CBC
- skills in_noemailmunication, recruitment,_noemailanization and administration
- a passion for the Gospel and a heart for the lost
- training and education related to children and ministry (bachelor's degree preferred)
- experience in children's ministry (staff role preferred but volunteer time considered)
The specific areas of responsibility of the CMD include:
- Staffing (recruit, screen, equip, encourage volunteers for children's programs)
- Curriculum (preview, secure, implement program curriculum from reputable_noemailpanies)
- General Needs (maintain basic equipment, supplies, and records)
- Coordination (with supervisor and other staff and ministries for maximum impact)
- General Involvement (as a member in the life of the church)
Average weekly hours for the CMD is an estimated 40 hours.
The job involves two major divisions – Early Childhood and Elementary. One full time person is preferred but part time applicants for each division will be considered.
- For more information about our church, see www.calvarybibleefree_noemail.
- To make inquiries, or to submit information electronically, e-mail cbc@calvarybibleefree_noemail
- To submit information by hard copy, mail to: Calvary Bible Church, 2587 East Armour Road, Bourbonnais, IL 60914, or fax to 815-932-4833.