Children's Ministry Director:
1. Oversee our entire ministry to children, birth through 5th grade.
2. Insure safety of our children by knowing and enforcing all safety and security policies and procedures.
3. Create memorable learning and worship experiences for our children by_noemailanizing and preparing curriculum for Sunday morning and Wednesday night programs.
4. Recruit new volunteers on a regular basis.
5. Equip and empower volunteers to do ministry… provide feedback and accountability.
6. Create monthly schedule of volunteers –_noemailmunicate with volunteer team and update schedule as necessary.
7. Oversight and upkeep of security check-in system.
8. Maintain rooms and supplies… reset rooms after Sunday and Wednesday programs and maintain stock of necessary items.
9. Continue to develop and improve all areas of the ministry.
10. Manage children's ministry budget and all recourses
Essential Character Qualities: Must be…
1. Dedicated follower of Jesus
2. Committed to personal growth… hungry to learn and a teachable spirit.
3. Love for kids and a desire to connect with them and help them grow.
4. Hard working self-starter with a desire for progress and the ability to see problems and address them.
5. A strong leader, able to provided direction and leadership for a large volunteer team.
1. Good with people... able to constantly recruit new volunteers, train, inspire and encourage them.
2. Basic_noemailputer skills
3. Organization and administration strengths are an absolute necessity
Here's a snapshot of what our children's ministry currently looks like...
We call the children's ministry Amplify and it consists of three major areas.
1st – 3rd are upstairs in a big movie theater themed room we call the "Show."
4th -5th are also upstairs in a large room we call Merge. In both Merge and the Show we use a variety of DVD curriculums such as Elevate and Life Church material.
b-K are downstairs in a series of themed rooms. We use Gospel Light material.
About New Community...
New Community is growing church located in Muskogee, Ok., a town of about 40k people. We are about 45 minutes southeast of Tulsa. Muskogee is a blue-collar town and although New Community is a progressive church in terms of our style, we have a distinct personality that seeks to fit our culture. Potential candidates need to feel_noemailfortable in a smaller town and be able to relate to rural American culture.
Hours: Approx. 40 per week… but whatever it takes.
Salary: $25,000 - $35,000/ year… depending on experience.
To apply, please email your resume to jobs@ne_noemailmunitychurch_noemail Please include a family photo...it help to put a face with the name.