Life Giving Church Westerville
Category: Associate Pastor
Time Type: Full Time
Leading children into a dynamic relationship with Christ and equipping them to serve.
The primary responsibilities for the Children's Ministry Director are to create an environment (primarily on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights) where Kids grow closer to Jesus Christ.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Hours: Full-time Salaried position
Compensation: Negotiable with experience
RESPONSIBLITIES /DUTIES: KOTR- Kids on the Rock (Sunday Mornings year-round) and Family Night (Wednesday Nights through school year)
1. Create/organize curriculum for Children's Ministy.
2. Create/worship experience.
3. Create/organize occasional service projects.
4. Lead volunteer teams to minister as well through excellent planning, communication, training
and vision casting.
5. Fill absentee volunteer positions through recruitment, background checks, assigning roles,
training, creating nametags, etc.
6. Support and equip volunteers by providing encouragement, resources, feedback, and
demonstrations of appreciation.
7. Continually asses needs and flow of all points of Children's Ministry.
8. Link the many Children's outreaches and programs back to KOTR
1. Check and promptly respond to emails, voicemails, and mail received.
2. Ensure thorough and efficient communication with parents regarding updates, curriculum
details, via emails, and social media.
3. Maintain current records and databases for volunteer contact information, and applications.
4. Purchase and prepare supplies for ministry
5. Create and maintain a file for events with event information, a detailed timeline, notes
suggesting enhancements and things that went well so that the event can be easily planned
again, changed, or duplicated for the next year.
6. Create and maintain a Children's Ministries Manual with policies and procedures; update as
7. Oversee budget, recording expenditures.
1. Coordinate nursery volunteers and supplies
2. Plan and lead summer activities for Children's Ministry.
3. Plan and organize a service event quarterly
4. Hold practices for Christmas Program
5. Hold classes to explain Baptism and its purposes
6. Build relationships with parents/families
7. Hold classes/seminars to equip parents to disciple their children