Reynoldsburg United Methodist Church is seeking a PT (10-15 hours) Children's Music Coordinator. This position will integrate worship, service and music by providing leadership, organization and promotion of the Children's music ministry. Primary responsibilities will be leading Children's worship programming on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings, as well as worship at VBS and leadership of our Creative Arts Camp, in the summer. This position will work closely with the Minister of Children and the Director of Worship Arts.
• To teach children to worship Jesus through music and arts.
• To integrate worship, service and music by providing leadership, organization and promotion of the Children’s Music Ministry.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
• Lead Children’s Worship programming on Wednesday evenings, K-6th grade
• Lead Children’s Worship programming on Sunday mornings, K-4th grade
• Coordinates with Director of Worship Arts on integration of children’s worship into corporate worship opportunities
• Lead Worship during VBS
• Plan, staff, prepare and lead Creative Arts Camp each summer, in collaboration with the Children’s Minister/Coordinators.
• Plan/Lead the Children’s Worship portion of the Spring Music and Arts Showcase.
• Work closely with the Children’s Minister and Coordinators in worship preparation and music selection.
• Manage children’s worship team scheduling.
• Enlist, train and equip volunteers for Children’s music.
• Grow the ministry by increasing the children’s involvement and quality execution.
• Identify new opportunities for growth and integration of the ministry.
• Function in an interactive and cross-functional relationship with other ministries.
• Consistently point children back to Jesus - our focus for singing.
• Spiritually lead the children in Scripture, Prayer, background/meaning of songs, etc.
*Submit resume to Laura McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org