Cornerstone Fellowship is located in northeastern Oklahoma in a growing rural community. Tahlequah is the capital of the Cherokee Nation and home to Northeastern State University. We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about families and creating environments that attract, evangelize, and disciple children. This person should be a strongly gifted administrator who is creative and innovative and possesses the ability to lead and empower volunteers.
The Children’s Pastor shall be responsible for the spiritual and administrative leadership of the children’s ministry of Cornerstone Fellowship. The primary responsibilities of this position include 1) on-going development and implementation of an innovative and relevant discipleship program for children’s ministry 2) identifying, recruiting, empowering, and training volunteers and 3) administration of all related children’s ministry operations and systems.
1. Administrate an innovative program of discipleship and evangelism. Curriculum should employ a scope and sequence.
2. Administrate children’s ministry volunteer teams. Includes scheduling, recruitment, and training of volunteers and team leaders. Create systems and events to thank and appreciate volunteers.
3. Oversee the operation of all related children’s ministry environments. Includes check-in system, security and classroom environments.
4. Develop and implement a strategy to partner with parents/guardians in the spiritual formation of their families.
5. Oversee pastoral care for children’s ministry. Includes leaders, volunteers, and children.
Live a lifestyle in accordance with the Word of God.
Agree with the doctrinal statement and philosophy of Cornerstone Fellowship.
Have a passion and calling for children.
Strong administrative and communication skills.
Experience in leading volunteer teams.
Bachelor's or Master's degree preferred.
Classroom experience a plus.
This position will report directly to the Executive Pastor.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Please email resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. We are screening candidates as the first step in the search process and will notify applicants of any decisions made.