First is looking for two individuals to fill administrative assistant roles with a focus on communications and business administration. This could be two separate part-time (28 hours/week) positions, or one full-time position with a smaller part-time position.
To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maintain website, including event calendar and weekly sermons.
- Maintain general communication and prayer email lists.
- Produce weekly worship bulletin, biweekly congregation emails, periodic mailings, funeral folders.
- Assist pastoral staff in the production of Sunday worship service presentations.
- Maintain and manage a promotions calendar.
- Produce promotional materials for serve teams and special events.
- Support and promote effective use of established brand identity. Build catalog of brand images.
- Manage social media postings, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Support ministry staff in planning special events.
- Assist senior pastor and officiants in the scheduling and planning of weddings and funerals.
- Assist Board and committees with correspondence, meeting preparation, collection/filing of meeting minutes, and annual report.
- Serve as backup to business manager for contributions entry, payroll, payables, and processing volunteer background checks.
- Assist business manager in management of computer network, individual computers, personal email, group email lists, shared calendars.
- Maintain membership and visitor records, including tracking births, deaths, baptisms, church membership.
- Maintain child and youth records, including class assignment and attendance.
- Manage office supplies, phones, copier.
- Ensure front office is staffed during business hours (M-F 8am-4pm, Sunday 9-11am) to answer phones - and manage front door.
- Assist ministry staff with correspondence, communication, and personal calendar management.
- Schedule appointments with pastoral staff for members, drop-ins and others seeking pastoral time.
- Provide Notary Public service as required.
- Order flowers or gifts for new parents, members in the hospital, and funerals.