Eden Prairie, MN
Posted on: February 13, 2013
Applicants should possess advanced skills and formal training in music leadership with appreciation for thematic integration of music, drama and teaching in worship. Necessary skills also include ability to recruit and develop vocalists and instrumentalists, work with both volunteer and paid musicians, stage music and arts events, and integrate contemporary music and the arts into the worship experience of the church. Candidates must hold to evangelical theology and have a_noemailmitment to outreach and evangelism. An advanced degree in music, seminary training and large-church experience are desired.
Interested applicants should send resume, references and philosophy of worship ministry to: Wooddale Church, 6630 Shady Oak Road, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344, Attn: Contemporary Music Director Search; or e-mail to search.music@wooddale_noemail.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
J O B O U T L I N E
Contemporary Music Director
1. Baccalaureate degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
2. Experience in music leading, program design and implementation in a multi- style worship setting in a multiple staff church.
3. The ability to:
a. relate a philosophy of Christian music to the spiritual ministry and philosophy of ministry of Wooddale Church
b. plan contemporary worship services in the collaborative context of the Worship Arts Team
c. relate and work well with church staff and lay leadership
d. exhibit versatility with a variety of styles of music and media
e. lead the contemporary worship ministry team spiritually and musically
f. lead and oversee a music ministry which integrates quality of music with integrity of presentation
g. recruit and train musicians to be involved in the music ministry and develop multiple worship teams for use in ministry areas other than worship services alone
4. Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
5. Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church.
6. Remain a member in good standing of Wooddale Church.
The Contemporary Music Director is responsible for the overall leadership, design and implementation of contemporary worship and other activities in the life of the church where contemporary music is employed.
1. Provide musical and spiritual leadership and development for the instrumental and vocal elements of contemporary worship services.
2. Recruit, train and schedule instrumentalists and vocalists for contemporary worship services.
3. Lead/oversee rehearsals for instrumentalists and vocalists f