Our Contemporary Worship Leader provides leadership and coordination for the Contemporary Worship Service at 11:10am. This individual is responsible for directing the contemporary worship team of instrumentalists and vocalists. The director works in cooperation with and reports to the Director of Music Ministries. Contemporary worship is an established and substantial part of the life of St. Andrew's. It is our hope that the new leader will build on this foundation and lead our congregation and band in a way that glorifies God and builds community.
Please read the qualifications before applying. Submissions with a link to applicant leading worship are preferred.
- In coordination with the Director of Music Ministries, plan and oversee all music activities for the contemporary worship service.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise, and shepherd vocalists and instrumentalists for contemporary worship and special music, within budget and with the approval of the Director of Music Ministries.
- Provide musical and spiritual leadership for the contemporary band.
- Rehearse weekly and direct the band for Sunday contemporary worship and special occasions.
- In conjunction with the Pastor and Director of Music Ministries, choose appropriate music and liturgical resources for contemporary worship.
- Provide for qualified substitutes for all personal absences.
- Submit information for worship and special events in a timely fashion, as determined by the administrative staff.
- Select and purchase music and resources.
- Assist with liturgy as requested
- Be an advocate for worship within the life of the church
- Regularly include children, youth, and volunteers in worship
- Participate in meetings with staff on a regular basis
- In coordination with the Director of Music Ministries design an appropriate budget
- A passion for worship and the ability to communicate that passion to others
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in leading worship
- Demonstrated experience in working with praise bands
- Aptitude with arranging chord charts and music
- Working knowledge of audio equipment and media systems, especially ProPresenter
- Practical knowledge of the instruments included in the band
- Competency in computer software programs, mainly Microsoft Office Suite
Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church. Can teach those values to others. Leads his/her teams to identify unique mission and vision in line with the vision of St. Andrew's.
Spiritual Maturity: Demonstrates a passion for Christ and seeks to actively live out our current mission, vision, and core values. Models and develops humility, teachability, accountability and servant leadership. Open to new ideas and possibilities.
Biblical Knowledge: Able to discuss and interpret Biblical truth when applying scripture to life situations, and guide others in the exploration and discovery of Biblical truth.
Emotional Maturity: Demonstrates the ability to lead others with enthusiasm and respect. Demonstrates the skills of active listening and openly accepts constructive criticism. Productively engages and resolves interpersonal conflict. Holds others accountable in a spirit of love. Engages people positively. Maintains confidentiality.
Team Building Skills: Guides leaders in sharing best practices, and in identifying and solving common problems. Works with leaders to regularly assess the health and moral of teams and groups. Recognizes dysfunctional team behavior and redirects it into functional behavior.
Management Skills: Creates and communicates vision, direction, and goals for the team. Prioritizes tasks effectively. Budgets resources to accomplish goals. Delegates, empowers, and holds others accountable. Works effectively without close supervision. Demonstrates ability to manage details. Understands his/her leadership style and temperament type and adapts leadership behaviors to meet the needs of the situation.
Leadership Development: Is a good judge of spiritual gifts. Provides appropriate growth opportunities to challenge and empower leaders. Stretches people to try new skills and accept new levels of responsibility.