Title: Director of Children's and Family Ministries
Exempt or Non Exempt: Exempt
Reports to: Pastor/Head of Staff
Date this description was created: July 22, 2019
Hours PT 20hr/wk, growing towards FT
Create an environment that draws children closer to Christ. This envisions a ministry that brings children into a life-long relationship with Christ and prepares them to live faithfully as they grow and develop. This position will develop, implement, recruit, and communicate, a Children's Ministry that welcomes unchurched and churched children and creates avenues that support parents in teaching the faith to their children. This position is responsible for the ministry for children from birth through 5th grade.This position is a vital part of the staff of Faith Church. This is a 20hr/wk position with the goal of growing it into full-time position.
1. Develop a relational ministry with children and parents, equipping parents to teach the faith to their children and to nurture their growth in Christ.
2. Recruit, train, supervise all the people needed to implement all programming in a manner consistent with the theology and values of Faith Church.
3. Hire and schedule persons to staff the nursery when needed for church programming and establish nursery policies to maintain a safe and welcoming environment.
4. Works closely with the director of Parents Morning Out and Summer Morning Out to build relationships with children and families building bridges to Faith Church.
5. In accordance with Faith Church policies, ensure that all paid staff and volunteers have passed required background screening before allowing them to work with children.
6. Propose budget for Children's and Family Ministries and responsibly manage the budget assigned.
7. Effectively communicate programming to families, Faith Church and the community.
8. Participate in worship at Faith Church weekly.
9. Work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, parents and session.
10. Procure needed supplies and equipment; Ensure the church and rooms create an inviting environment for programming.
1. Demonstrate strong leadership gifts, including visioning, recruiting, equipping, and planning skills.
2. Ability and desire to winsomely communicate the gospel to children and parents, in word and by example.
3. Ability and desire to express love for children and families by initiating and building caring relationships that encourage and support them in following Christ.
4. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
5. Strong sense of creativity, fun, initiative and flexibility to create a variety of inviting programming opportunities.
1. Be a committed and growing disciple of Jesus Christ, modeling what it means to love God through your own words and life.
2. Agree with and adhere to Essential Tenets of ECO.
3. Formal training and/or experience in providing effective ministry for children.
4. Sufficient biblical literacy and theological understanding to wisely evaluate curriculum materials so that content is consistent with the theology and values of Faith Church.
5. Pass background screening.
Send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org