Title: Director of Children's and Family Ministries
Exempt or Non Exempt: Exempt
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Date this description was created: 12/01/19
The Director of Children’s and Family Ministries will develop a Children’s Ministry for children from birth to 5th grade. The goal of the ministry is to introduce children in our community to the love of Jesus. The Director will create and implement strategies for outreach into the community and for connecting with other ministry programs in the church to develop a flourishing children’s ministry that supports parents and encourages families to grow together in their faith. This person will ensure programs offer a nurturing and safe environment that welcomes both churched and unchurched children and provide a place where they have fun learning about God and how to live faithfully as they develop a personal relationship with Christ.
1. Develop outreach strategies and programming plan. Recruit, train and supervise all people needed to implement all programming in a manner consistent with the theology and values of Faith Church.
2. Work with church administrator to develop and ensure safety procedures are followed in all programming.
3. Hire and schedule persons to staff the nursery when needed for church programming and establish nursery policies to maintain a safe and welcoming environment.
4. Develop Sunday morning children’s programming for Pre-K through 5th Grade that is so engaging children will talk about it at school and parents will share about it with their social networks.
5. Work closely with the Director of Parents Morning Out and Summer Morning Out to build relationships with children and families building bridges to Faith Church.
6. Effectively communicate vision of Faith’s children’s ministry internally and externally. Promote ministry programming and opportunities to families in the community and at Faith Church
7. In accordance with Faith Church policies, ensure that all paid staff and volunteers have passed required background screening before allowing them to work with children.
8. Propose budget for Children’s and Family Ministries and responsibly manage the budget assigned.
9. Work with Pastor and staff to set ministry outreach goals, recruit teams as needed to support these goals, meet regularly to evaluate/report progress toward goals.
10. Procure needed supplies and equipment; Ensure the church and rooms create an inviting environment for programming.
11 Participate in worship at Faith Church weekly.
12. Work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, parents and session.
1. Demonstrate strong leadership gifts including visioning, recruiting, equipping, and planning skills.
2. Ability and desire to winsomely communicate the gospel to children and parents, in word and by example.
3. Ability and desire to express love for children and families by initiating and building caring relationships that encourage and support them in following Christ.
4. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
5. Strong sense of creativity, fun, initiative and flexibility to create a variety of inviting programming opportunities.