Essential Job Functions
1. Program Coordination: Coordination and oversight of all aspects of the children's program including recruiting and scheduling volunteers and staff, lesson planning, room and materials preparation, greeting, monitoring and ensuring safety and documentation protocol, problem solving behavior management issues, and generally ensuring that the program runs smoothly.
2. Planning: Choose consistent curriculum and methods for all Sunday School classes and then prepare lesson plans that will utilize this curriculum and be passed on to volunteer teachers. Order curriculum in a timely manner.
3. Worship & Special Events: Coordinate children's participation in worship services, including delivering children's message at least once per month. Plan and coordinate annual Christmas pageant (or equivalent event) as well as additional seasonal events (i.e. summer outdoor activities, etc.). Assistance with other family-oriented events as needed.
4. Training & Meetings: Provide consistent training for program volunteers and childcare staff (at least quarterly). Plan and lead periodic meetings with parents/families and/or attend social events in order to get to know parents/families better. (As applicable, connect with Congregational Care team to coordinate care for families in need including setting up meal trains, etc.). Meet weekly with supervisors.
5. Staff & Volunteer Coordination: Recruit and schedule staff and volunteer teachers needed to provide adequate coverage for all Sunday School classes, special programs, and nursery.
6. Communication: Consistent and clear communication to staff and volunteers about upcoming assignments, observations, requests, and concerns. Provide reports as requested.
7. Teaching: Occasionally may need to fill in as storyteller, small group leader, or other needed roles in the program.
8. Facility and Supply Use: Organize children's rooms on a regular basis and order supplies as needed. Coordinate with Urban Grace staff for any maintenance, custodial or building related concerns, or project suggestions.
9. Other duties as assigned.