General Scope: The Director of Children's Ministries is directly responsible for the development and oversight of all ministries for children from birth to 5th grade at Grace.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, train and lead a large volunteer staff.
- Engage children in worship, discipleship, and all age-appropriate aspects of spiritual growth.
- Organize and lead effective programs that provide a context for our team to invest relationally in these young lives and draw them closer to Jesus.
- Support and help equip parents to act as the primary disciple-makers of their children.
- Oversee current and future staff appointments in children's ministry.
- Use appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Grace's children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom grouping, etc.
- Visit classes for the purpose of evaluation and teacher support, and to facilitate the need to address any issues or emergencies that arise.
- Teach classes as needed, and occasionally teach to stay connected with grassroots ministry.
- Develop our children's ministry vacation activities, camps or events, in order to provide concentrated opportunities to build relationships, have fun with children, and help them meet with Jesus.
- Maintain regular and clear communication with parents concerning the vision of children's ministries, as well as the ongoing programs and opportunities being offered, so as to encourage partnership and involvement.
- Actively communicate with wider church about what God is doing in and among our children. We have found that constantly gathering and sharing stories is the best (and most fun!) way to recruit and build team dynamics.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the Children's Ministries budget; also manage costs and fees for events and activities in a timely and responsible manner.
- Seek to integrate Children's Ministries into multiple spheres of Grace's church life so as to help create a church culture that is intentionally intergenerational, serving one another and complementing each other.
- Coordinate childcare for Grace's services and events.
- Manage safety and security protocols, and ensure that our Children's Ministry policy and procedures reflect current best practice
- Participate as a full and valued part of Grace's staff team, including being an engaged part of staff meetings, staff prayer, social times, and other staff events as required and/or requested.
- Enthusiastically join in leading elements of Grace's corporate Sunday worship gathering.
- Participate in the larger life of the church so as to gain the trust and credibility to speak into the lives of parents and students.
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
*A love for Jesus and for peopleóboth inside and outside the church
*The spiritual gift of leadership
*The ability to build a healthy team culture
*Possesses strategic gifts while leading with humility and wisdom
*Solid administrative and organizational abilities that do not require extensive direction from others
*Ability to carry the vision and strategy of Grace and reflect it in the Children's Ministries
*Relational and social skills marked by being empathetic, energetic, approachable, and emotionally healthy