WESTMINSTER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
DIRECTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIES
Believing in the importance of Jesus’ mandate to let the children_noemaile to him, the Director of Family Ministries at WPC will partner with and equip families in their spiritual growth and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
1. Model and encourage personal relationships with Jesus Christ.
2. Be an active part of WPC’s worshipping and faith_noemailmunity.
3. Prayerfully coordinate and implement a_noemailprehensive Family Ministry program, (nursery/children/youth/parents) that will attract children/youth and their families.
4. We_noemaile new families to WPC; help integrate them into the life of the congregation.
5. Develop relationships with children/youth and families who attend WPC.
6. Communicate with families/congregation frequently via newsletter/other media.
7. Recruit, resource, and encourage members of the Family Ministries (FM) Committee to share in planning,_noemailanizing, and executing the FM program.
8. Chair and attend monthly Family Ministries Committee meetings and oversee the FM Committee’s budget.
9. Develop and empower the Family Ministries Committee in their primary oversight of the Nursery (0-Preschool) and Children’s (K-5th grades) Ministries.
10. Work in coordination with the rest of the church staff; attend weekly staff meetings.
11. Give the Time for Children message in worship no less than monthly.
12. Maintain_noemailpliance with Child Abuse Prevention Policy (CAPP) within FM.
13. Advocate for children, youth, and families within the life of the church.
14. Plan and implement special ministry events such as Vacation Bible School, Scholarship Auction, and annual seasonal celebrations.
15. Continue education by attending training events to stay current/maintain proficiency.
16. On occasion, provide transportation for children/youth to/from FM events/programs.
17. Oversee nursery rooms; maintain safe/clean environment; stock appropriate supplies.
Family Ministries – For families with children under 21
1. Prayerfully plan and oversee ministries for/with families with children/youth at WPC.
2. Resource/seek to meet the spiritual needs and growth of families with children.
3. Equip parents to actively participate in the education and discipleship of their children.
Youth Ministries – For 6th-12th grades
1. Prayerfully plan and oversee youth ministries at WPC.
2. Serve as primary leader of weekly middle and high school youth groups that include a balance of Christian fellowship and study, service and mission, and games and recreational activities.
3. Recruit, equip, motivate, support, and supervise a team of adults to model Christian life and minister to and with youth in various capacities.
4. Through relational ministry, develop rapport with youth in_noemailmunity through visitation, visibility, and contact at school and_noemailmunity events.
5. Develop camaraderie and foster spiritual growth among youth, emphasizing their worth and value; provide pastoral care to youth as appropriate.
6. Develop and implement an outreach program to attract local youth to WPC.
7. Teach and/or recruit, train, and encourage teachers for youth (middle and high school) Sunday School classes.
8. Recruit, train, and encourage youth to participate in the larger ministry of the church (VBS, Sunday School teaching, mission)
9. Participate in the Anacortes Youth Network.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Experience and training working with families, youth, and children
2. Strong personal faith in Jesus Christ evidenced in mature personal faith and lifestyle.
3. Knowledge of the Bible, Christian theology and doctrine, and familiarity with PC(USA).
4. Ability to_noemailmunicate and work closely and effectively with others
5. Enthusiastic/energetic; strong_noemailanizational and management skills; able to supervise and train.
6. Experience working with families, youth, and children in a church setting.
7. Ability to recruit, coordinate, encourage, and maintain volunteers.
8. Computer proficiency: Inte_noemail, E-mail, Microsoft Word and Publisher
9. Ability to use social media for_noemailmunication and promotion.
10. Willingness to support WPC’s Child Abuse Prevention Policy including, but not limited to, training and background check.
11. Possess a valid driver’s license; be at least 21 years old; have reliable transportation with current insurance.
1. The Director of Family Ministries shall be accountable to the Session through the Pastor.
2. The normal work schedule is 40 hours per week with two days off. Relational ministry through volunteering in the_noemailmunity with children and youth will be part of work schedule.
3. The Director of Family Ministries is classified as a Full Time, Non-Exempt, Salaried position.
4. Total_noemailpensation is between $35K and $50K based on experience.
5. Eligible for paid vacation, paid sick days, paid holidays, voluntary savings plan, health flexible spending, and paid parental leave.
The Pastor, as first-line supervisor and employee, shall participate in an on-going conversation to assure goal-setting, celebrating successes and, if needed, engaging in break-down conversations as per the Employee Value Process.