Director of Montreat Morning School
To apply for this position, send resume and completed application to Lincoln.Walters@cccmontreat.org. Deadline for application is February 28, 2021. Position start date is April 1, 2021.
Exempt part-time position:
30 hours per week during school year, 24 hours per week during the summer
To direct a distinctively Gospel-centered morning pre-school program which is Biblically based, developmentally appropriate and working in concert and collaboratively under the vision and standards of Christ Community Church Montreat (CCCM).
• Provide leadership, overall direction and support to staff members while creating a culture of ministry
among the MMS staff members;
• Facilitate daily staff meetings and devotions for MMS staff members;
• Attend CCCM staff meetings weekly;
• Represent the Morning School to parents and to the public in a professional manner;
• Present the Gospel-centered mission of the Montreat Morning School and its affiliation with CCCM
to all inquiries;
• Look for intentional opportunities to connect the MMS ministry with the greater body and ministries
of the church (Children’s Ministry, our congregation, Youth, etc.);
• Recruit new families using printed material, social media and/or web based programs;
• Develop and implement a biblically oriented and integrated curriculum that is consistent with CCCM
• Review the classroom lesson plans and implement annual learning objectives for all developmental
levels and ensure the regular use of biblical instruction, prayer, music learning centers and recreation
in age appropriate ways;
• Maintain a current crisis, security and health plan in coordination with key health, security, police and
fire personnel from Montreat College, the Town of Montreat, the Town of Black Mountain and
• Inspect and report to the Office/Building Manager any harmful issues or improper usage of the
property before, after or during the operation of the MMS program;
• Keep up to date and submit records to HR on all certifications, state regulations and/or ordinances
concerning: North Carolina Day Care Facilities, NC State Childcare Laws, Educational/Continuing
Ed. Certifications, First Aid/CPR/Defibrillator Trainings and Department of Health notifications;
• Oversee the transition from MMS facility and resource use to the preparation for Sunday and
Wednesday Church programs and the requisite facilities and resources
• Review the MMS procedure manual with staff members, new hires and volunteers;
• Reevaluate MMS procedure manual annually;
• Seek support, advice, and direction supervisor when difficult and complex issues arise;
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Senior Pastor.
• Review all student scholarship applications with the Church Administrator using set criteria to
• Maintain a small amount of scholarship ($2k - $5k) for emergency needs/placements that may arise
during the school year;
• Work with Children’s Ministry when large purchase or plans requiring space potentially effecting
other programming when the room or playground usage is considered;
• Purchase supplies for MMS (aligning with the Children’s Ministry when possible);
• Maintain student financial records into ACS Headmaster;
• Create tuition invoices for parents of students;
• Process payments for invoices, late fees, application fees and activity fees and enter them into ACS
• Make deposits to the bank as needed. (Do not allow monies to stay in office over the weekend);
• Send year end statements to parents;
• Track “book sales” receipts and take deposits to bank regularly;
• Provide budgetary needs for communications to the Church Administrator;
• Stay within the budgetary parameters for approved budget;
• Maintain records of all expenditures for each areas of program responsibility.
• Recruit, interview, and train teachers, support staff and volunteers for all MMS positions;
• Follow the protocol set forth by HR for the hiring of all paid staff and volunteers.
• Work with church staff on managing ministry details (e.g. mandated background checks on
volunteers, event planning logistics and registrations, and ordering supplies);
• Provide proper staffing following the states teacher to child ratios; have qualified staff/volunteers as
back-up if a need arises;
• Conduct staff performance reviews annually;
• Supervise Assistant Director and MMS teachers.
• Supervised by the Director of Family Ministry;
• Submit a written report to the session monthly;
• Participates in annual job performance evaluation;
• Professional development as needed and mutually agreed upon;
• Works interdependently with colleagues;
• An active member of Christ Community Church Montreat;
• Adheres to policies as stated in the CCCM Ministry Standards Handbook.
• Must have and be able to effectively communicate a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and at
least five years' experience of growth in maturity.
• Shows evidence of practicing the disciplines of regular, personal Bible study, worship, fellowship,
• Demonstrated ability to develop and oversee teachers and staff, to teach children, and to relate to
and work with parents to train their children.
• Able to lead and cast a compelling vision for staff and volunteers.
• Able to recruit and train new teachers and staff and volunteers.
• Able to speak, write, and teach clearly, effectively, and appropriately.
• Able to disciple, pray for, encourage, and shepherd team members.
• Able to agree fully and comply with the m