Refuge Bible Church
A New Church Plant in Indianapolis, IN
Jason Hampton, Pastor of Vision and Preaching
I. Title of Position: Director of Music and Family Life
II. Purpose of Position: To plan, coordinate and lead the weekly music ministry for Refuge Bible Church and to give leadership to Family Discipleship
III. Reports to: Pastor of Vision and Preaching
IV. Relates/ works closely with: Pastor of Vision and Preaching, Sunday Morning Team Leaders, Musicians, Sound Team, Presentation team and Refuge Kids leaders and families
V. Church Overview: We are a Church Plant in the core development stage on the Southeast side of Indianapolis.
VI. Job Summary: Our vision is to see God establish a Gospel-Centered, Multi-cultural church for our city and for His glory. Our mission is to exalt Christ (Gospel), equip the church (community), and to extend His grace (mission). Our desire as a church is to magnify the greatness of Christ by responding to the truth of the gospel. A key aspect of this response is through worship music and family discipleship.
Refuge Bible is searching for a staff position in the areas of Director of Music and Family Life Development. We are searching for a Music Director who can lead us to the response of the Gospel through worship and mission. Due to our stylistic vision, we are looking for a worship leader that can lead with guitar or keyboard/ piano. All staff are expected to participate as an active member in the church, including Missional Community and DNA Groups.
Although we are looking for a Director of Worship, we desire to find someone with competency and passion to equip families and our growing Refuge Kids for discipleship and mission. This position will work toward equipping our families toward discipleship in our gathering, by working with our Team Leads and empowering and encouraging them to be successful in leading the Refuge Kids on Sunday. This position will also endeavor to equip families to lead their children in discipleship in the home.
VII. Primary Strengths Required
Although this position isn't beginning as an Deacon role, we are looking for a candidate who fits the description of an Deacon (outlined in Titus 1:5-9, 1 Tim. 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:1-4) who walks in union with Jesus, fights the good fight of faith, and desires to be a disciple maker, who make disciples.
* Faithful, Available and Teachable (FAT)
* Passionately committed to Refuge Bible's vision and philosophy of ministry
* Responsible and willing to take ownership
* Servant-hearted – Leading for the sake of others, especially those who don't know Jesus
* Energized by a posture/approach to worship that is both spirit and truth and contextually sensitive to the people of Southeast Indy.
* Team Player - Enjoys collaborating with others, eager for constructive/gracious feedback. Thinks about others above self.
* Able to quickly adapt to unique complexities of a church plant that recently merged with a small Bible church in our area
* High level of initiative - able to anticipate problems and implement solutions with little guidance.
* Able to lead others in innovating & exploring artful expression
* Attention to detail & commitment to a high level of creative excellence (without perfectionism)
VIII. Time and Pay
* $45,000/ year to start.
* 35 hours per week
* 4 weeks vacation
* Leadership development opportunities (conferences, residencies, etc.) based on candidate's interest
* Time & pay may increase as Refuge Bible grows, with opportunity for additional leadership responsibilities
How To Apply
Applicants should email their resume with video of them leading a worship song with guitar or keys to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive other documents and proceed forward in our process.