Peters Creek Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Category: Christian Music / Christian Musician
Posted on: July 10, 2017
Position Status: Part-Time Position
Position Summary: The Music and Worship Pastor shall develop and lead a dynamic music program, which enhances the worship, fellowship, and outreach ministries of Peters Creek Evangelical Presbyterian Church through the use of Praise and Worship.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
To administer and manage all the details of the ongoing ministry of Music and Worship at Peters Creek Evangelical Presbyterian Church; including, but not limited to:
1. Co-lead weekly Worship Service (along with the Senior Pastor)
2. Direct the Sanctuary Choir (weekly), and the Children's and Chimes Choirs (monthly).
3. To assist in establishing additional musical offerings within the congregation ( e.g. Praise Team, additional choral and instrumental groups within the congregation , Youth Praise Team, Hand bell Choir etc.)
4. To meet with the Lead Pastor, on a regular ongoing basis for the purpose of selecting music for each worship service.
5. To provide the Church Secretary with information regarding the music for each
Worship service no later than 11:00 a.m. on Wednesdays.
6. To provide pastoral care to Church members and their families who are involved in the music and worship ministry of the congregation on an as-needed basis.
7. To be available for Church Ministry a minimum of 2 nights per week.
8. To_noemailpose an article for The Chimes on a monthly basis.
9. To attend all staff meetings and all Music & Worship Ministry Team meetings.
10. To maintain confidentiality of all church-related matters as appropriate.
11. To secure a_noemailpetent substitute to direct the Sanctuary choir when on vacation.
12. To prepare and present Advent/Christmas and Lenten/Easter special music programs for worship and for_noemailmunity presentation.
13. To oversee the Sound and Media ministry.
14. Oversee the tuning and maintenance of all musical instruments of the church within the approved budget and provide regular reports specifying maintenance needs to the Music and Worship Team.
Compensation and Relationships
The Music and Worship Pastor will be directly supervised by the Lead Pastor within the guidelines established by the Personnel Committee.
The incumbent will have an annual Performance and Compensation Review. The Review is conducted by the Pastor, usually with at least one member of the Session Personnel Committee present, or one or two Elders.
Annually, the Session Personnel Committee will review the compensation and make recommendations to Session.
Salary and (any) Benefits are established in accordance with