Grace United Methodist Church
Hartford City, IN
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: November 17, 2016
MINISTRY DIVISION: Family Ministry Division
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Division of Family Ministry, Interns and volunteers in student ministries
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Exempt (stipend)
PURPOSE STATEMENT: Direct the church family life program in its overall development, implementation and evaluation
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 40 hours per week (for programming; supervision; team-building, curriculum planning, vision casting; preparation, reflection and "trench" work)
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a leader, the Director of Student Ministry will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Ensure that the youth ministry team is cohesive and coordinated in order to encourage attendance and spiritual growth among those who attend.
2. Serve as liaison between youth department and the congregation.
3. Participate in and lead sessions in LIFE.
4. Lead sessions of Sunday School (Christian Academy) as designated.
5. Establish a schedule to bridge youth "happenings" to the Sunday morning worship services at both services. (i.e. ministry teams to worship monthly)
6. Assist in the recruitment and training of Interns for youth ministry.
7. Encourage the Interns to have a support partner within the congregation.
8. Maintain the budget for all matters pertaining to the youth.( Junior High and Senior High)
9. Present a_noemailprehensive, detailed plan of each session of LIFE to the Staff/Pastor Relations Team prior to the beginning of fall session and the spring session for approval.
10. Demonstrate that there is a monthly_noemailmunication to the parents regarding plans and programs for the youth.
11. Set numerical goals and report progress toward those goals weekly (i.e. 50 Jr/Sr High Students).
12. Intentionally arrange for interaction with the congregation and the youth staff.
13. Manage the Youth Annex: use, schedule, keep clean.
14. Report to the Staff/Pastor Relations Team as directed and keep them informed of youth program progress.
15. Preaching and teaching at each service is available in consultation with the senior pastor.
16. Make this a local church and county-wide ministry.
1. Develop, plan, and conduct special activities (e.g. LIFE Celebrations, etc.).
2. Coordinate necessary activities for various special days.
3. Organize and host sessions for parents.
1. Assist the Interns whenever necessary.
2. Communicate all important information to the Church office for dispensing news to the congregation and beyond.
3. Hold regular staff meetings with the Interns and attend all staff meetings called by the pastor.
4. Share in the leadership of the in-service training sessions and fall workshop.
5. Meet periodically with adult Sunday School classes/small groups for youth ministry updates and support.
6. Attend the Administrative Board meeting every other month.
7. Attend the Executive Leadership Team meetings every other month.