GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION - Develop, oversee, and lead the music and arts ministry for Bethel Lutheran Church.
PLANNING WORSHIP SERVICES - Plan a flow of musical selections at services that will enhance the congregation's worship experience. All planning and collaboration should be relevant to Bethel Lutheran Church's overall vision of worship (with traditional, blended, and contemporary).
Work with the pastors and leaders to establish appropriate worship themes and assimilate other elements that enhance worship. Supervising other musical staff. Working with the Youth Ministry staff to mentor musical youth for participating in music at Bethel.
PREPARING FOR WORSHIP - Lead in the process of recruiting, coordinating and developing the contemporary music worship team and conduct effective and efficient weekly rehearsals. Enhancing various services with special music.
TECHNOLOGY - Ensure that music, video, audio and other technical worship elements are updated, prepared and ready for the service including (Working together with Volunteer Coordinator) the development of all song slides for services, and overseeing the operation of the sound system at both Bethel campuses
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Serve as a member of the Worship and Music Committee and attend bi-monthly team meetings
- Responsibilities with special events and holiday worship
- Provide oversight for the music budget
- Other tasks assigned by pastor
QUALIFICATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- An active and growing faith
- A passion for leading and teaching others in and about the worship of God
- Endorse and support the mission statement of Bethel Lutheran Church
- Support Lutheran theology and teachings of the ELCA
- A theological understanding of worship along with practical understanding of using music and the arts in worship
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant musical experience required; college degree preferred
- Proven ability to organize and direct vocalists and instrumentalists
-Experience in leading various styles of worship music
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- An accomplished instrumentalist; preferably keyboard, guitar, and vocal abilities
- Strong communication skills and the ability to relate well inter-personally
- Work collegially with pastors in planning, preparing for, and leading music at worship services and other related special events.
- Respect for the musical needs of the congregation; with ability to be flexible
- Team player who works well with others and can also work independently
- The ability to oversee Bethel's entire music and arts ministry at both campuses
- Helping vision and dream for the future of Bethel
- Supervise other music staff
- A basic understanding of sound and video systems
- Some experience with musical notation software
COMPENSATION: Negotiable based on experience