Job Title: Director of Worship & Music Ministry
Employment: Part-Time (13-17 Hours / Week)
Compensation: Salary Range of $15,000 to $22,000 per year based on experience and education
1. Strong Christian faith that is centered in the core t_noemail that we are "saved by grace."
2. Strong vocal & piano abilities with proven experience leading in a church worship setting - Both contemporary and traditional preferred.
3. Have an understanding and appreciation of Spirit-filled, Christian worship.
4. Desire to work as part of a staff team to help further the mission, vision, and values of the whole church.
5. Submit to a background check.
1. Excellent_noemailmunication and relational skills (with both adults and children).
2. Organized, creative, enthusiastic, patient, and resourceful.
3. Experience directing vocal teams &/or choirs (including children's groups).
4. Abilities with multimedia visuals and drama ministry would be a wonderful addition.
5. Educational background in music / church.
1. The lead pastor of Christ Community Lutheran Church [CCLC].
1. Worship Leadership & Preparation
a. Collaborates with pastor and worship team in the planning of weekly worship. This includes regular meetings with the pastor and monthly meetings with the worship team.
b. Plans music selections and the necessary musicians to carry out the music for worship each week.
c. Actively leads any and all music portions of the worship service.
d. Engages the congregation in active and meaningful ways during worship.
e. Plans & leads special music for seasonal occasions – i.e. Lent, Advent, & Christmas
f. Coordinates music and/or musicians for occasional worship moments – i.e. weddings, funerals, etc.
g. Facilitates the use of choirs, special musicians, and worship drama as gifts & resources allow.
2. Volunteer Coordination
a. Recruits and leads volunteers related to worship, including, but not limited to, vocalists, instrumentalists, etc.
b. Facilitates regular rehearsals for any and all music groups taking part in worship.
a. Understands,_noemailmunicates, and implements the church's mission within the context of worship leadership.
b. Adheres to the basic theological center of "Justification by faith through grace" in all choices of music and spoken worship moments.
c. Attends weekly staff meetings of Christ Community Lutheran Church as available.
d. Oversees all licensing and copyright issues for music utilized by the church.
e. Oversees the maintenance, care, and procurement of all worship equipment, instruments, etc. within the confines of designated budget and fund items.
f. All other responsibilities as they evolve through the needs of the people and the calling of the Holy Spirit.
Interested Candidates should send cover letter, resume, and sample video/audio recording (if available) to:
Christ Community Lutheran Church / Attn: Pastor Jared Parker
jparker@christclc_noemail / 1 Christchurch Way / PO Box 234 / Columbia, IL 62236 / 618-281-4646
Electronic Submissions Preferred