**PART TIME - 15 HOURS/WEEK**
Covenant Church is currently seeking a biblical, passionate follower of Christ to serve as Director of
Worship Arts for our Blended Worship service. This person's primary responsibility will be the
coordination and oversight of the music ministry for the Blended Worship service. The candidate must
demonstrate genuine appreciation for and competence with both traditional and contemporary musical
expressions. The candidate will possess experience in church music ministry, vocal and/or musical
performance, and choral conducting. He/she must have the ability to read music and be proficient in
playing the piano. He/she must also possess confidence and effectiveness in leading worship.
Responsibilities will include participating and communicating with the worship planning teams; working
closely with the pastors and worship ministry; planning and carrying out worship music, visuals, lighting and all related media.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Possess a strong and active faith supported by Biblical knowledge.
- Demonstrate leadership skills that balance personal involvement, team building and delegation, and that develop the ministry gifts of the congregation.
- Have a solid vision of corporate worship and can organize, communicate, and execute that vision.
- Be a strong and consistent communicator.
- Exhibit a breadth of musical knowledge and commitment to grow our music library.
- Possess piano proficiency and basic ability in music theory, arrangement, and transposition.
- Lead the congregation in song during church services and special events where appropriate.
- Understand and manage multimedia technology to enhance worship.