First Baptist Church of Orangevale
8998 Central Avenue
Orangevale, CA 95662
DIRECTOR OF Worship Ministries
Email All Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 20 hours per week
Benefits: no benefits
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Lead the Congregation in God honoring worship through song, scripture, and in creative and
engaging ways, rehearsals.
- Prepare weekly plans to facilitate all needed aspects of weekly worship.
- Communicate information consistently to all worship team members.
- Support the worship vision of the pastor and church council.
- Support growing worship ministry opportunities, when needed, as they arise.
- Continues learning through worship workshops, conferences, and online research.
- Plan and facilitate seasonal worship events (Christmas Eve Service, Easter, etc.)
- Oversee and support all worship team members.
- Attend Staff Meetings, Council Meetings, and Business Meetings, and coordinate meetings and
rehearsals with worship team.
- Provide supportive leadership for technical teams.
- Develop an annual Music Ministry budget with Finance Committee.
- Support the leadership of the lead pastor.
- This position must be proficient in the following areas:
- Lives a devoted life to God, with understanding of the imperfection of the believer, and the
perfection of the Savior.
- Leading people into a God honoring position of worship through song and word.
- Coaching Worship Ministry members to develop their talents.
- Spiritual leadership with Worship Ministry members.
- Strong understanding of Planning Center software.
- Communicates consistently with all people that are involved with worship ministry (including
current members, future prospects, staff and pastor).
The qualified candidate for this position will have:
At least 3 years leading music ministry and some form of formal educational experience.