First United Methodist Church in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, TX
Posted on: August 15, 2014
1. Management of College-aged and Young Adult Groups
* Develop and implement programming suited to the needs of college-aged and young adults (18 -- 35 years old).
* Plan and facilitate special seasonal programs as needed.
* Establish a Sunday School program for young adults, or some form of spiritual accountability on a weekly basis.
* Regular Bible study and social gatherings focused on faith development
* A presence on campus at TAMUCC and Del Mar College on a semester-by-semester basis
* Management of both married and single young adults (18-35)
* Maintain a "Young Adult" and a "College/Career" Sunday school class
* Develop and select curriculum that is appropriate to United Methodist doctrine
* Write articles for the monthly Tower Tidings, and prepare electronic_noemailmunication targeted toward young adults.
* Maintain contact with all current FUMC college students and plan "reunion" activities for those who attend college away from Corpus Christi.
*Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor or the Senior Pastor.
2. Media Responsibilities.
* Responsible and in charge of all aspects of LED street sign.
* Responsible and in charge of informational aspects of church website.
* Manage Hall monitors and their schedules
* Responsible and in charge of all aspects of church weekly email blast.
* Coordinate all audio/visual needs for worship services including weekly management/coordination/training of volunteers for those services
* Be available to work or recruit others to work for audio/visual needs, such as funerals, weddings or night meetings
* Assist in making sure technical hardware issues are resolved when church members have technology questions and need guidance to run audio/visual
3. Administrative Committees
* Attend staff meetings, Church Council, and all other_noemailmittees and task forces as needed.
* Work as a team player with the staff.
4. Minimum Qualifications:
* Possess knowledge of issues impacting young adults.
* Ability to_noemailanize events and activities, and coordinate volunteer resources.
* Knowledge of website development and maintenance.
* Interest in media/film editing and creation.
* Knowledge of audio and video technical management.
* Bachelor's Degree