Crown Point, IN
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Momentum Church started around 4.5 years ago. Our senior pastor gathered a small launch team of 29 people to begin the church and we have grown to a church serving around 250. We are non-denominational and modern in style. Our emphasis is on reaching those disconnected from church and in building strong_noemailmunity through small groups.
Our youth ministry has seen a share of ups and downs like you would imagine in a church plant and/or young church. We have a strong group of students in the pre-teen group_noemailing up into youth ministry and a small, but_noemailmitted core group of jr. and sr. high students. We have a large area for youth ministry, including a game room area and access to a kitchen, plus sound/media equipment. There is loads of potential for growth here in a great location!
Crown Point is a suburban area located in northwest Indiana about 45 minutes from Chicago and within a short drive to the south shore of Lake Michigan in Indiana's second most populous county. We are located on the north side of Crown Point near the Merrillville city limits and serve a fairly diverse area. There are several Jr. and Sr. High schools within 5-10 miles of our location. We had graduates from 5 different high schools this year!
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading weekly gatherings/lessons for Emerge (Grades 4-6) on Sunday mornings and Velocity (Grades 6-12) on Tuesday evenings.
- Being a positive influence and pastoral presence for students and their families.
- Mobilizing youth for outreach, mission, and other forms of service in the_noemailmunity and through the church.
- Recruiting, training, and managing a team of parents and volunteers.
- Establishing connections with and_noemailworking in our_noemailmunity to reach students and families for Christ and grow the church and youth ministry.
- Working in coordination with the senior pastor and other church staff to implement the overall vision and goals of the church.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings.
- While this is a salaried position, it is inconceivable that this job of building a youth ministry can be done effectively at this point in less than 20 hours per week. A person could have another job and do this job, but it seems improbable that someone working 50+ hours at another job and doing this on the side could grow a youth ministry and manage their own household and personal life adequately.
- Must possess gifting in areas of leadership, teaching, evangelism, and have an effective pastoral presence.
- Must have at least 2 years of paid staff level experience in a church setting as a youth pastor/director.
- Pastoral/ministry related training and/or education is a huge asset.
- Must live within 30 minutes of our present location and/or be willing to relocate to this area. It is hard to reach an area in which you do not live, have easy access, and/or with which you have no connection. Commuting time will not be considered part of the time investment in this position.
- Must possess a drive to build a youth ministry. We are seeking someone who wants to be full-time IN youth ministry at some point in the future and is willing to_noemailmit to that goal. We are not interested in someone who just wants a side job. This is a calling and unless you have a sincerely calling demonstrated by experience, training, and/or education, we will not consider your application.
If you feel led and qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter with some background including your present status (family and employment, etc.), a resume, and three references (at least two of which need to be people you've served with in ministry). Include a photo of you and/or your family. Please, do not call us or stop by. You may email us if you have any questions regarding your submission.
We will review your resume and do an initial phone interview if we have interest. If we are not considering you for the position, we will email you promptly upon review.
We will contact your references and evaluate all potential candidates narrowing down to 3-4 we will have an in-person interview.
We will invite top candidates whom we are seriously considering to_noemailplete assessments and a background check. Upon the ou_noemaile of these, we would arrange an on-site Q and A session with youth and parents.
This position is currently open, so we are eager to move through this process and fill the vacancy, but want to ensure we have the right leader for the future! We are praying for you in this process and appreciate your prayers in return for God's wisdom and direction.